Im a new mommy and its prob nothing but....

Sooo i have another question, kinda embarrassing but...

Im broke till thurs... Can i use the hay i have for bedding my ducklings? I usually use that pine bedding stuff but ive run out and i dont want their temp coop to get to nasty... So can i use hay till thurs??

Sooo i have another question, kinda embarrassing but...

Im broke till thurs... Can i use the hay i have for bedding my ducklings? I usually use that pine bedding stuff but ive run out and i dont want their temp coop to get to nasty... So can i use hay till thurs??

You can use old towels, hay but it can get moldy quickly. I would consider old towels - they can be shaken out over the garden, rinsed, hung to dry and reused.

You can use old towels, hay but it can get moldy quickly.  I would consider old towels - they can be shaken out over the garden, rinsed, hung to dry and reused.

I change out their bed every other day... I dont have that many towels.. Their 'kennel' is 8ft by 4ft

So hay wont hurt them??

Last edited:
I don't think it will hurt them unless it is moldy, though there is a risk - because ducklings can do silly things - of them eating it and getting impacted. Just worst case that I can imagine. Some do, some don't.

Do you have any kind of fabric you can put over it?

Not really, just moved here. And neighbors arent the friendlest bunch... Darn...

Good place to look for old towels and blankets etc is thrift stores for future info.

If your hay has been kept dry check it out real good before you put it down you should be able to tell if there is mold I think your ducklings are old enough not to eat much they may nibble. It's new ducklings that like to sample things that they shouldn't till they know what their feed is. If this is all you have for now not much you can do.

Good place to look for old towels and blankets etc is thrift stores  for future info. 

If your hay has been kept dry check it out real good before you put it down you should be able to tell if there is mold I think your ducklings are old enough not to eat much they may nibble. It's new ducklings that like to sample things that they shouldn't till they know what their feed is. If this is all you have for now not much you can do. 

Ok thank u miss lydia. The hay is kept in the feed room and is dry. I usually use it for the dog kennels but....

The duck coop is coming along, i have to go take another pic for u lol.. Hubby had to work overtime so only had a day to work on it this weekend.

The ducklings are getting feathers...they are getting soooo big.. Gave them oatmeal with mashed banana and they LOVED it lol.. And im noticing a diff sound to their peeps lol.

Back
Top Bottom