I'm adopting a greyhound. (one pict)

The greyhound groups usually know the dogs they have pretty well and food aggression isn't a common problem for greys. Not to say it can't happen, but it isn't a common issue anyway.
If you need a greyhound board for more greyhound info than you could ever need/want, check us out at greytalk.com

Welcome to the world of greys. Enjoy
smile.png

Its not often tested for because of the kennel situation, each dog has he/her own kennel and own food- all at roughly the same time then 'food time' is over.

That's just this particular adoption kennel.

I'll go check it out.

Awww
love.gif
isn't she a pretty one!
I don't think I've ever met a greyhound that wasn't just a complete sweetie. They are such gentle, laid-back dogs.

Last edited:
She's beautiful!
love.gif

I used to take my original dog to the dog park. There were two greyhounds that would come and run. They would do big laps around the park for about 5 minutes and then would settle down to play. I used to love the running of the greyhounds.

(The best part of the greyhounds running was another dog named Owen. Owen was a bassett hound and he loved, loved, LOVED those greyhounds. He would see them coming and would just dance with joy. When the greyhounds ran, Owen ran with them. The problem was that Owen's legs were perhaps 6 inches long and he just couldn't keep up. The greyhounds would run and Owen would frantically try to keep up with them. Eventually they would stop running and would let Owen catch up. His joy was complete.
smile.png
)

Quote:
My Jet will be 12 in March. But get her on some nice soft sand and she still loves to run. When we were in Kodiak, we'd head to the beach with the dogs. I'd hold on to Jet and Tavarish (doberman) while DH ran down the beach. I then let Tavarish go and get a head start of almost half the length of the beach. Then I'd let Jet go. She'd run like a crazy dog, catch up to him, run with him for a few strides and then take off again.
She'd do that a few times and then she was done and off to investigate the beach while Tavarish was still running and running and running.
Greyhound has the speed.
Doberman has the stamina.

IMG_6926.jpg

IMG_6932.jpg

IMG_6933.jpg

IMG_6936.jpg

IMG_6937.jpg

Pretty girl!! Your pooches too TLWR! Adopting a greyhound was always in the back on my mind, but I always worried about them being so sight oriented with my cats out and about, not to mention the chickens...lol.

Quote:
Depends on the greyhound (or any dog for that matter).
Mine are/were critter friendly in the house.
Jet is fine with the ducks outside and has even had one land on her and she just jumped and left. T is fine with little ones inside and out as well.

Jet has, when she was much much younger, plucked baby squirrels out of the yard. Ryan (my male grey that is no longer with us) would catch rabbits and squirrels in the yard. But he was fine with things inside as well.

For greyhounds - inside and outside is a big difference. But if you have a cat friendly inside, you MIGHT be able to convince them the same cats outside are also off limits. But it takes work and I'd never fully trust them 100%.
While my dogs are good with the ducks outside, it doesn't mean I don't always have in the back of my mind that I can come home to a missing duck or two or three. If it happens, we'll cross that bridge then, but so far, both dogs are fine with the ducks roaming the yard.

Back
Top Bottom