I'm being wormed--update

kinnip

Songster
11 Years
Feb 24, 2008
Carrollton, GA
I've had a nasty, itchy rash for some time now. I've been to a number of doctors and everyone seems baffled. Today I asked if it was scabies. The nurse laughed at me when I told her I needed worming, but the doc agreed that it might well be scabies, so he's worming me with ivermectin.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well that'll be good to know if you start laying eggs!!
gig.gif
gig.gif

If all they are doing is worming you then you got off easy. I had mites from a horse I bought years ago. Little boogers tunneled under the skin on my hands, I had to bathe in special lotion and then put more medicine lotion on after bathing.
My parents had to wear rubber gloves and bathe my horse for once a week for a month. It was gross and I still have scars from it. Parents knew nothing about horses so it was a learning experience for all.

That sounds soooo not fun at all. I hope you figure out what it is. I thought Ivermectin was for animals(I have very limited experience with amimals, and their ailments, but I thought I had seen the medicine associated with animals)
idunno.gif
At any rate, let us know how it goes. :aww

Are you using it on the skin or taking it by mouth?? I had a horrible rash about 8yrs ago and it just about drove me crazy! I didn't sleep for weeks, scratched until my legs bled. NOTHING helped.. Went to two different drs. then, I thought it might be mites from the hay we had loaded... I called and suggested it and was given a script --in a few days I was much better..

Quote:
From Chigger experience I have learned that clear nail polish makes you look less like you have a horrible disease and works just as well to smother the chiggers!!! The red polish is a bit more obvious!! It absolutely does work though!

It's oral ivermectin, but I'm not sure if that's how I'm taking it. The pharmacy had to order it, so I'll know about the price today. Apparently, it doesn't come in generic, not surprising since the stuff at the feedstore doesn't either. For my physician's peace of mind, I'm willing to ride this ride for $30-$40. If it costs more than a bottle of Ivomec, guess what? Chemically it's the same as what is sold for animals, different concentration, but I'm sure that can be noodled out. As far as the drug is concerned, I'm just another monogastric mammal. The treatment is for scabies, cringe. We aren't sure that's what it is, but at this point, I'll try anything. I just went through my second summer with covered legs, grotty arms, and no sleep. I don't intend to make it three. Crazy, maybe, but so is getting in a motor vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom