Im gonna sound crazy... Quail diapers?

Don't feel guilty! Just don't let the diaper on for a long time. I've read poops tend to stick on them when dry and create problems. I don't remember how it's called that situation.
Thank you! Yeah, he is out for about 30 minutes at a time. He goes back in for a little while until I take him out. He needs some time to play with his toys, eat, and some alone time. I also don't take him out every single day, sometimes he just gets held for 10 minutes. I was holding him, he jumped up on my shoulder and stayed there. He did take a little poop on me though 🤢 They give no warning sign of when they are going to poop. They just drop it out as they please! (Obviously) I wish they make some sort of sign like a dog. His poops are not dry from what I see.

So sad for your other pets. Get him some company. 3 females would be great. One of my males mates just with one off his four hens. They have preferences too. You will have a lot of fun trying to fulfill their needs and they will eventually find a relationship balance. He shouldn't be alone. A rabbit cage will be fine if he is so small 🐓🐔🐔🐔
I had a couple of females with him. He was quite aggressive to them. He almost pecked them to death (They passed shortly after)(Unknown). He isn't that friendly towards other birds. He fights (It's not concerning, he just pecks and puffs up for only about 30 seconds at a time) with his reflection. Do you know a place where I could get just females? With hatching eggs, I don't want to take the chance of getting too many. I have made a couple of attempts to get him some females. No luck with finding any. I have had terrible luck with hatching, I had 65 eggs and he is the only survivor. I have done everything right. 3 chicks came out with health problems. I was considering trying again in the spring. I would be worried right now because it's super cold where I am. I joined a Facebook group but all they had to offer was more males.

Thank you! Yeah, he is out for about 30 minutes at a time. He goes back in for a little while until I take him out. He needs some time to play with his toys, eat, and some alone time. I also don't take him out every single day, sometimes he just gets held for 10 minutes. I was holding him, he jumped up on my shoulder and stayed there. He did take a little poop on me though 🤢 They give no warning sign of when they are going to poop. They just drop it out as they please! (Obviously) I wish they make some sort of sign like a dog. His poops are not dry from what I see.
A friend of mine used to hung out with her birds a lot. She told me she would feed them only certain hours so they wouldn't poop all the time. I don't know if that sounds wright, but she loved animals very much and I trust her advices. My quails droppings were a bit liquid at summer because I was giving them a lot of lettuce. Now they are firm because I don't give them greens so often and when I do I prefer dry herbs like oregano and nettle. But not very often. Those two are very strong herbs

I tried a sock and he seemed very content! It was too big and he couldn't really move, today he sat on my shoulder (pooped on me) I cooked him some pasta for him and he ran around my feet while I made it.
You have to get him a proper fitting diaper for Christmas. Find someone to make one for him. I know he will love getting extra time with you.

You have to get him a proper fitting diaper for Christmas. Find someone to make one for him. I know he will love getting extra time with you.
Ya! Most diapers, are designed so that the poop collecting end drops away from the vent so the poop isn't squished up against the vent. Like in this picture.
1607104421864.png

Back
Top Bottom