I'm looking at a cockerel and a pullet, right? (Silkie)

ThePolishPrincess

Songster
11 Years
Dec 29, 2008
Orange County, New York
This was the girliest bird the breeder had to sell me. Round crest, no comb/wattles. That was when (he?) was 2 and a half months old. (He?) is 4 months now, at least that's if the breeder was correct. He admitted he was very busy with different age groups all around. Bird still has a pretty round crest, no comb/wattles, no crowing at all. No interest in the ladies. Very quiet and docile. Tail is naturally pretty high raised and there's something about this bird that is SCREAMING rooster to me, but I don't know what it is. Just want to see what it looks like to an outsider looking in.

Sorry for the photo quality. My camara is a dinosaur.
014.jpg

017.jpg

There he is peaking in the background.
028.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is a pullet. Same age as bird above. I was actually expecting this one to be a roo, way back when. But now, it seems roles are reversed. Little bit of a bump where the comb is supposed to be present, but that's it. No wattles. Her voice is even girly.

005.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

She's to the right, here.
015.jpg

Your pictures show this waas taken 12 years into the future....hmmm...it still may be too early to tell!
big_smile.png

I honestly think you have girls. Sometimes you need to wait till the 6 month mark...but they both look very girlie to me. I have 9!

That's good to hear!
wee.gif
I wasn't sure whether to give this bird a name, at risk of having to change it. I was just telling him what a pretty boy he was.
lol.png
I'd be happy not to give my roo any competition.

And, yes, my camara is a teensy bit confused. It has a bit more than a screw loose at it's ripe old age.
wink.png

If anyone has any other opinion about my birds, feel free to add. I'm not afraid.

Back
Top Bottom