I'm looking to buy a new chicken house - which material is best to avoid red mite?

That’s why I like the Omlet stuff. We regularly clean it with a semi industrial Karcher power washer. There’s less nooks and crevices with the Omlet and it’s very, very clean after the Karcher.

I was looking at their coops they looks great but are quite expensive, I would prefer plastic but couldn't a fox chew through a plastic shed / coop just as easily as wood?

The coops are solid - in fact they’re far stronger than the conventional wooden coops sold here. There’s no way a Fox could eat or get in my coop! Door handles are robust. When everything is locked up, ie the walk in run that then leads off to the coop a fox cannot even tunnel in as there is a skirt firmly secured around the whole thing. I have an electric fence as the final protection as the hens spend most of their time outside the walk-in run. If I’m going to be late home I bribe them into the walk in run and lock it closed. When I return I simply have to close the coop door, but I always say night,nights!

Back
Top Bottom