I'm new and one of my eggs is hatching and needed a Lil help but...

This baby is gotta be my favorite so far
The think I loved about my room was his colors I preferred him to have his random black spots and this one has a lot it also hasome black skin on both wings
Does that mean black feathers will grow?View attachment 1068606
Can't help with coloring...ect but YAY for more babies :celebrateif you post up on the raising chicks forum someone will answer...also on a what breed/color threads :) is bully chick playing nice with his brooder mates yet?

Yes he stopped being such a bully they all pester each other here n there lol I have 5 n 4 on the way out
1 passed away
I had candle to check on it earlier n noticed movement was low n no internal pip yet so I waited n hoped it was resting I didn't wanna bug it much
Then later after another hatch I checked and no movement no pip nothing I wanted to open it n stuff I had a gut feeling each time I checked but didn't wanna just in to soon... well u should have .. because it was shrink wrapped.... so the other egg who had been progressing the same as the one who died I quickly checked it and low movement so I said he'll I'm not making the mistake 5o wait again plus I thought to myself the one chicken I put Vaseline on it a champ it should be OK as this on internally pipped and I carefully removed some she'll enough to see and I was right it was almost fully shrink wrapped
Today has been the hottest day in a few months I 5hink this is why they dried so fast we do this get hot humid days
Anyways that baby I opened I am fearing will die not cause I opened it
It would be dead if I didn't but because I noticed it's blood vessels are a few shades darker kinda like it had begun to die and the blood was thickening
I think some vessels are still good but a few look like they aren't good s9 I'm worried it can't absorb correctly because of it and may die
If u compare it to the first chick u might notice what I mean but I think it's still a boring the smaller one we see in the pic and probably the ones in the Shell we can't but that big vessel on the bottom right hasn't seemed to of change ld in a long time
2017-07-08 17.11.56.jpg

Can't help with coloring...ect but YAY for more babies :celebrateif you post up on the raising chicks forum someone will answer...also on a what breed/color threads :) is bully chick playing nice with his brooder mates yet?

Sorry that mad a ton of mistakes I hope it's not confusing I'll go back n check before I post from now on I am just usually to lazy to care about grammar in text I guess and ways I had been putting eggs in the incubator each day and I know ppl don't do this but with mine it will probably be fine I'll just need Vaseline for if I need to help one hatch I guess
So I have some 18 days old and some days old
Soon it will be babies every day
Next time though I will collect a cluster before I set them I suppose I was just scared after I lost my roo .

Yes he stopped being such a bully they all pester each other here n there lol I have 5 n 4 on the way out
1 passed away
I had candle to check on it earlier n noticed movement was low n no internal pip yet so I waited n hoped it was resting I didn't wanna bug it much
Then later after another hatch I checked and no movement no pip nothing I wanted to open it n stuff I had a gut feeling each time I checked but didn't wanna just in to soon... well u should have .. because it was shrink wrapped.... so the other egg who had been progressing the same as the one who died I quickly checked it and low movement so I said he'll I'm not making the mistake 5o wait again plus I thought to myself the one chicken I put Vaseline on it a champ it should be OK as this on internally pipped and I carefully removed some she'll enough to see and I was right it was almost fully shrink wrapped
Today has been the hottest day in a few months I 5hink this is why they dried so fast we do this get hot humid days
Anyways that baby I opened I am fearing will die not cause I opened it
It would be dead if I didn't but because I noticed it's blood vessels are a few shades darker kinda like it had begun to die and the blood was thickening
I think some vessels are still good but a few look like they aren't good s9 I'm worried it can't absorb correctly because of it and may die
If u compare it to the first chick u might notice what I mean but I think it's still a boring the smaller one we see in the pic and probably the ones in the Shell we can't but that big vessel on the bottom right hasn't seemed to of change ld in a long time View attachment 1069381
That baby is definitely not ready! It has at least a day of absorbing to do. Is it moving around or opening/closing it's beak at all? The one that was shrink wrapped...was the membrane dry? Or just wrapped on the chick? you can Try adding damp sponges to increase your humidity if you feel it is an issue. I had to do that with mine when hatching.

I don't have any sponges I could try something else and yeah it was dry I know about the membrane and the one I helped and posted a pic of it also was nearly dried out and was barely active but seems more alive now but I was just worried about the blood vessels being a few shades darker like maybe it dried out to much before I put vaseline
That baby is definitely not ready! It has at least a day of absorbing to do. Is it moving around or opening/closing it's beak at all? The one that was shrink wrapped...was the membrane dry? Or just wrapped on the chick? you can Try adding damp sponges to increase your humidity if you feel it is an issue. I had to do that with mine when hatching.

And about the beak yes it is it chirps and wiggles n stuff it's just those vessel worry me all of them seem to be shrinking slowly but that bigger one doesn't seem like it to me

YAY! Just let that baby absorb and he will wiggle his way out. You can also do a damp towel , wash cloth to raise your humidity
I did and if seems better I have to use my judgement cause I don't have anything to measure it but I can feel it in the air but not heavy idk if that makes sense
Like not like a sauna or anything
All the babies have hatched just that one still absorbing and I'm 100% he or she is fine so I'm off to bed
Best get sleep before the next ones start hatching I'll have a long month lol I'll update when I wake n check the other n stuff and after that I'll make a new thread or update only when the next ones begin

I did and if seems better I have to use my judgement cause I don't have anything to measure it but I can feel it in the air but not heavy idk if that makes sense
Like not like a sauna or anything
All the babies have hatched just that one still absorbing and I'm 100% he or she is fine so I'm off to bed
Best get sleep before the next ones start hatching I'll have a long month lol I'll update when I wake n check the other n stuff and after that I'll make a new thread or update only when the next ones begin
Sounds good!!! Yes....ongoing hatched keep you on your toes!

Back
Top Bottom