I'm new to BYC. Could someone explain the titles.

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by kkm, Sep 21, 2008.

1. kkm

kkm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    Shawnee, OK.
    I was a new egg, now I'm just hatched?? Does it go by the date you sign up or number of posts or what? What are all the titles? Just curious, kkm [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Hi kkm!
    Welcome!

Yes, the titles are based on the number of posts.

Some have custom titles bestowed my the moderators. These are entirely random and are done because of something we observe about someone. We don't do them on request, just post and join in and maybe someday you will be surprised!

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Can some members grab some links to more info / threads regarding titles and I'll put this thread in the FAQ section (since it is so freequently asked)?

4. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    I would but the search function doesn't want to work for me today. No matter what word I put in it comes back saying nothing found.

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

That's odd. Try it again. I just did the most random word ever... butterscotch

can you believe I got 4 pages of results?!?!?!

6. kstaven

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Must be a glitch with my browser. It works fine on safari and not on firefox.

7. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    lots of chickens named Butterscotch?

kkm...I think I asked the same thing you are asking when I first got here.....now I am trying like crazy to move out of this title.........I think I might make it tonight!
    Or drive myself right past crazy trying!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  8. kstaven

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Quote:Just for fun we should change the post counts so it takes 2000 before the next swap! [​IMG]

9. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    Heck, I'm already getting "punchy" tonight....if I tried to go that long I dont think I would make it....it would be hard to type in one of those nice white jackets with my hands laced behind my back! lol

10. wildsam

wildsam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2012
    Radisson, NW Wisconsin
    So has someone found the link to those titles yet? [​IMG]
    I would really like to know also. Just pure curiosity, plus, some more knowledge about BYC is always a good thing to help steer newbies in the right direction besides just helping them out verbally (or in this situation, in writing). Please let me know when you find that link. Would be very useful to me also... Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by