1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

i'm thinking boy, but please be a girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KooKoe, Dec 4, 2010.

1. KooKoe

KooKoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    I have no idea how old this chook is. It still makes chick sounds, although it's voice seems to be 'breaking' at the moment. We suspect it might be a Brahma cross. What do you guys think. I have another Roo, a real fighter, and although these two chooks walk behind the main flock, my big Roo doesn't fight with it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Sorry but it looks like a roo to me.

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Definately!

He's cute though

4. andrea98

andrea98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    i think he loves that lil girl he is in the pics all snuggled up with [​IMG] maybe you should keep those two as a pair they could = [​IMG]

5. KooKoe

Nov 14, 2010
    Quote:Ugh! I was hoping it wasnt a Roo. I'm crazy about this chook and he's sort of taken my other chick Cricket under his wing. the two are inserperable. Can you keep two free ranging roo's or will the fight?

6. andrea98

andrea98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    i would assume so if there is enuff room for them .. & if they have been together already . i had two sets of roos thet were together ( i had alot of roos , i got screwed at TSC) the ones in the run got along fine .. a cochin & a silkie.. & the other two that were together were oegb & they never fought . now when the oegb got out of the fenced yard & went to the run , they fought thru the run fencing & that = bloody combs!! so i guess you go with the flow . if they fight i guess you should pick who you like the best & try to find the other a good home ... good luck. he is pretty cute [​IMG]

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    roo... they usually work out the pecking order

8. cummingsrichard

cummingsrichard New Egg

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    very cute....i like that you post it.

9. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:Ugh! I was hoping it wasnt a Roo. I'm crazy about this chook and he's sort of taken my other chick Cricket under his wing. the two are inserperable. Can you keep two free ranging roo's or will the fight?

Normally 2 cockerels or roosters work out the pecking order, though the rule of thumb is 1 roo to 10 hens/pullets. An exellent rule and excuse for getting more chooks!

10. KooKoe

Nov 14, 2010
    well, if he turns out to be a Roo, there's no reason why I can't have 3 wake up calls in the morning......[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by