i'm thinking boy, but please be a girl?

KooKoe

Songster
9 Years
Nov 14, 2010
I have no idea how old this chook is. It still makes chick sounds, although it's voice seems to be 'breaking' at the moment. We suspect it might be a Brahma cross. What do you guys think. I have another Roo, a real fighter, and although these two chooks walk behind the main flock, my big Roo doesn't fight with it?
71829_066.jpg

71829_489.jpg

71829_549.jpg

71829_544.jpg

Quote:
Ugh! I was hoping it wasnt a Roo. I'm crazy about this chook and he's sort of taken my other chick Cricket under his wing. the two are inserperable. Can you keep two free ranging roo's or will the fight?

i would assume so if there is enuff room for them .. & if they have been together already . i had two sets of roos thet were together ( i had alot of roos , i got screwed at TSC) the ones in the run got along fine .. a cochin & a silkie.. & the other two that were together were oegb & they never fought . now when the oegb got out of the fenced yard & went to the run , they fought thru the run fencing & that = bloody combs!! so i guess you go with the flow . if they fight i guess you should pick who you like the best & try to find the other a good home ... good luck. he is pretty cute
smile.png

Quote:
Ugh! I was hoping it wasnt a Roo. I'm crazy about this chook and he's sort of taken my other chick Cricket under his wing. the two are inserperable. Can you keep two free ranging roo's or will the fight?

Normally 2 cockerels or roosters work out the pecking order, though the rule of thumb is 1 roo to 10 hens/pullets. An exellent rule and excuse for getting more chooks!

well, if he turns out to be a Roo, there's no reason why I can't have 3 wake up calls in the morning......
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom