In demand chicken breeds

I personally have been looking for cream legbar chickens.
1. They are beautiful and upon research seem to be a more friendly chicken
2. Produces blue eggs- right now my chickens will lay pinkish, brown and chocolate.
3. I think I am addicted to chickens.
Yeah, I have that same addiction!

If I could have only one breed I would probably choose Marans. Beautiful, versatile, hardy, and all-around great birds. Plus their eggs are my favorite, they are more than just a lovely dark brown, they have a different texture, flavor, and nutrition content than any other breed. They are really something special, and if I was limited to one breed, that just might be it. Luckily I don’t have that problem!🥰

I started my venture into chickens with the intention of acquiring eggs, fertilizer, and meat. I began with Buff Orpingtons and Lavender Orpingtons. I heard they were friendly, pretty, and dual use birds.
Then I discovered chicken personalities. My intentions changed slightly to aquiring eggs and fertilizer with some giggles along the way.
Then I discovered pretty breeds and my intention changed to include beauty. I had to add a Silver Laced Wyandotte and a Partridge colored Easter Egger.
Then I discovered egg colors! My intention....
Ok, I have 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Partridge colored Easter Egger, 1 Olive Egger, 1 White Leghorn, 1 Frost White Legbar, 1 Black Copper Marans, 2 Blu/Black/Splash Marans, 2 50-Flower, and 2 Blue Wheaton Amauracana.

So, it all really depends on what your intentions are. Today. 🤪

I started my venture into chickens with the intention of acquiring eggs, fertilizer, and meat. I began with Buff Orpingtons and Lavender Orpingtons. I heard they were friendly, pretty, and dual use birds.
Then I discovered chicken personalities. My intentions changed slightly to aquiring eggs and fertilizer with some giggles along the way.
Then I discovered pretty breeds and my intention changed to include beauty. I had to add a Silver Laced Wyandotte and a Partridge colored Easter Egger.
Then I discovered egg colors! My intention....
Ok, I have 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Partridge colored Easter Egger, 1 Olive Egger, 1 White Leghorn, 1 Frost White Legbar, 1 Black Copper Marans, 2 Blu/Black/Splash Marans, 2 50-Flower, and 2 Blue Wheaton Amauracana.

So, it all really depends on what your intentions are. Today. 🤪
I’m currently in the “egg color” (+ quantity) stage. More chickens! More chickens!

I wouldnt choose white leghorns for a backyard family oriented flock! very skittish and the roosters are very aggresive!( this is just my opinion and from my excpirence)
I have about 15 white Leghorn hens and two roosters, very skittish true but still come flying for treats, roosters are fine.

I want some light brahma hens and a roo,was going to order some chicks last night but saw that it's like 30 dollars for shipping and 10 dollars for vaccination,and in total it would be around 70 dollars for like 6chicks,pretty amazing:eek:

Definitely Australorps for me .. but then I may be just a little biased ! I’m just about to start my new flock .. getting some 12 month old Rhode Is Reds tomorrow then planning on adding more with day old Australorps in a few months when the first ones have settled. Grandkids are excited that I’ve got chickens again. Great fir learning teaching and developing responsibility!

Back
Top Bottom