In demand chicken breeds

Pics
I'm just curious what chicken breeds people are most interested in for their backyard flock. :)
I personally have been looking for cream legbar chickens.
1. They are beautiful and upon research seem to be a more friendly chicken
2. Produces blue eggs- right now my chickens will lay pinkish, brown and chocolate.
3. I think I am addicted to chickens.

Gotta go with Bielefelders.

Attachments

• 769593DD-94A2-4BBC-829C-D87EC4432123.jpeg
    769593DD-94A2-4BBC-829C-D87EC4432123.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 43
I started my venture into chickens with the intention of acquiring eggs, fertilizer, and meat. I began with Buff Orpingtons and Lavender Orpingtons. I heard they were friendly, pretty, and dual use birds.
Then I discovered chicken personalities. My intentions changed slightly to aquiring eggs and fertilizer with some giggles along the way.
Then I discovered pretty breeds and my intention changed to include beauty. I had to add a Silver Laced Wyandotte and a Partridge colored Easter Egger.
Then I discovered egg colors! My intention....
Ok, I have 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Partridge colored Easter Egger, 1 Olive Egger, 1 White Leghorn, 1 Frost White Legbar, 1 Black Copper Marans, 2 Blu/Black/Splash Marans, 2 50-Flower, and 2 Blue Wheaton Amauracana.

So, it all really depends on what your intentions are. Today. 🤪

This is our second year with chickens. I have 4 silkies, and 6 polish girls. Then there’s the ones that not sure what they are. 4 TS ladies, 3 auction ladies, 2 gifted survivors from a friends flock, and 1 home grown (fertilized egg from a friends flock. No Roos here). Oh my that’s only 21 I was sure we had 22. And this all started with 1 chicken that stopped by and stayed for 3 months. We get up to 12 eggs a day, Silkies and 4 polish hens will start laying anytime now. Love my girls. Chicken TV best entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom