Inbar, the naked chicken-more pics, update pg 15

Quote:
*snort* coffee spews.
lau.gif

Can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind. But I'm out of breeding now so I'll just enjoy my one crazy chicken.

Quote:
lau.gif
You obviously know nothing about the US or the prices here. And where do you get the idea that all of us are eating Cornish X that we buy from the store?
gig.gif
I raise my own meat chickens. They are NOT Cornish X, and they all have feathers! They don't develop leg problems so therefore they do very well with free ranging. These birds that I am speaking of are called "Freedom Rangers" They are the least cruel way of raising lots of chickens for meat and doing it quickly. The hairless birds in your pictures are an abomination IMO. Now I'm not cussing you for taking care of them, it wasn't your fault some big money-hungry corporate no-gooder had to breed them for their own selfish interests. It's your apparent support for the research that your professor is involved with that has me concerned. He could be researching the use of Freedom Rangers instead, or the fact that it's just been in the last 100 years or better that people SEEM to require meat on a regular basis to be healthy. What is wrong with people eating rice and stuff that they can afford? I grew up in a poor family that survived on rice, beans, and potatoes for the most part. The absence of meat in your diet will not kill you. Meat is a luxury item and it is so sad that any animals have to be so severely genetically tampered with for the "good" of mankind.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's a dominant gene or not. I know that when bred to a normal feathered chicken, 25% are featherless, 50 are normal & 25% have the scaless gene but are feathered.

Now, we can all get on our high horses & talk about freedom rangers when we have the money to own a farm & land to grow them but the reality in many countries is thousands of people living in slums & cities that can't grow their own produce. I know, I used to live near one of these places & I saw the children with bulging stomachs from malnutrition because their parent (the other one or both had died of AIDS) just didn't have the money to feed them properly. They used to come begging at our gate with their snotty noses & gummy eyes & we used to give them food. If we can make a better life for these kids & not harm animals doing it (I believe that these birds are much happier than CX in tropical climates), then I say to heck with the naysayers.
I'll hop off my soapbox now but this is how I feel, even though I'm not involved with this project directly.

I'm not going to lie and say she is cute, she really freaks me out but I am so glad you have given her a good home. She must be so grateful to be out of that lab.

I don't see anything wrong with trying to provide healthy meat to undernourished people. These chickens will not live any worse lives than most of the meat chickens we eat here at home in North America. You better believe if we lived in a scorching climate like Africa we would have exploited this gene for meat production long ago.

Quote:
lau.gif
You obviously know nothing about the US or the prices here. And where do you get the idea that all of us are eating Cornish X that we buy from the store?
gig.gif
I raise my own meat chickens. They are NOT Cornish X, and they all have feathers! They don't develop leg problems so therefore they do very well with free ranging. These birds that I am speaking of are called "Freedom Rangers" They are the least cruel way of raising lots of chickens for meat and doing it quickly. The hairless birds in your pictures are an abomination IMO. Now I'm not cussing you for taking care of them, it wasn't your fault some big money-hungry corporate no-gooder had to breed them for their own selfish interests. It's your apparent support for the research that your professor is involved with that has me concerned. He could be researching the use of Freedom Rangers instead, or the fact that it's just been in the last 100 years or better that people SEEM to require meat on a regular basis to be healthy. What is wrong with people eating rice and stuff that they can afford? I grew up in a poor family that survived on rice, beans, and potatoes for the most part. The absence of meat in your diet will not kill you. Meat is a luxury item and it is so sad that any animals have to be so severely genetically tampered with for the "good" of mankind.

You can survive on rice and bean etc. but you can't live on it, people need meat, and is the old days they had meat all year. the truly disgusting thing that humanity has done is the starving of children not the featherless chickens.

Back
Top Bottom