Incorrect breed labelling - What's the worst you've seen?

I'm seeing a lot of people on here recently that bought "white leghorns" that are actually Cornish Crosses. I feel really bad for those people. Talk about getting something on the opposite end of the spectrum to what they wanted.

The worst I've seen was $400 Bresse sold as Light Sussex :lau
Not only is $400 ridiculous I'm curious if they were sold as light Sussex how do you know they were $400 birds?
Also if it was true why are we not hearing that you're now a owner of a bresse flock? Who would of saw that kind of mix up and walked away empty handed.
He's an APA breeder.
Who is? The guy that mislabeled them or hackle?

Not only is $400 ridiculous I'm curious if they were sold as light Sussex how do you know they were $400 birds?
Also if it was true why are we not hearing that you're now a owner of a bresse flock? Who would of saw that kind of mix up and walked away empty handed.

Who is? The guy that mislabeled them or hackle?
Hackle hasn't been on since September and isn't coming back.

Both are APA breeders.

These are CAD not USD amounts.

The person Hackle gets his birds for sells each adult Bresse for $400. Hackle regularly pays a fortune for good birds and for good reason. He gets them flown in from as far as Europe. To him, paying $400CAD for a Bresse is not unreasonable.

Last year someone got Appenzeller Spitzhaubens in a TSC bin marked 'Orpingtons.'
I saw a sign that said 'straight run pullets' at Atwoods.
1b.png

Last year someone got Appenzeller Spitzhaubens in a TSC bin marked 'Orpingtons.'
I saw a sign that said 'straight run pullets' at Atwoods.
View attachment 1764571
Just yesterday I was at TSC and there was a bin of straight run speckled Sussex. But wait, there's more! The bin had two breeds. Sussex and white Polish. But there was no mention of the Polish!

Just yesterday I was at TSC and there was a bin of straight run speckled Sussex. But wait, there's more! The bin had two breeds. Sussex and white Polish. But there was no mention of the Polish!
Oh, and the infamous EE labelled Ameraucana.

Hackle hasn't been on since September and isn't coming back.

Both are APA breeders.

These are CAD not USD amounts.

The person Hackle gets his birds for sells each adult Bresse for $400. Hackle regularly pays a fortune for good birds and for good reason. He gets them flown in from as far as Europe. To him, paying $400CAD for a Bresse is not unreasonable.
Why isn't he coming back?
I know hackle (just from here) and I know his purchasing practices and have seen many pics of some of his birds.
IDK what CAN $ translates to US $ but IMO he is paying way too much for what he gets.

Why isn't he coming back?
I know hackle (just from here) and I know his purchasing practices and have seen many pics of some of his birds.
IDK what CAN $ translates to US $ but IMO he is paying way too much for what he gets.
I don't think he pays too much for what he wants. He told me he feels that Canada lacks quality and diversity, so he's trying to bring some things in.
The story of why he isn't coming back is only half mine. The other half belongs to him and without his consent I cannot say.

Hackle regularly pays a fortune for good birds and for good reason. He gets them flown in from as far as Europe.
I don't think he pays too much for what he wants. He told me he feels that Canada lacks quality and diversity, so he's trying to bring some things in.
Hackle wasn't importing any birds. He was buying from a breeder that had imported birds. Not even sure if they imported them themselves either.
We had talked about importing before and he was at the collecting information about it point.
I know he had talked about having birds flown across Canada to him.

I'm also aware of his quest to improve breeds in Canada especially Plymouth rocks. He was. Also very interested in crossing varieties to get varieties that weren't available and to correct flaws in birds he had or looked to purchase.
That's the part I thought was where he was overpaying. He had or looked at getting birds with serious breed/variety flaws but willing to pay top dollar.
He was also interested in figuring out if it would be more feasible to come to the states and take birds back.
It really doesn't matter. If he was happy with what he was paying its all good. I just had a different opinion and he know my opinion.
Also no big deal why he's gone. I was just curious since he was a super active member and I enjoyed our conversations about genetics and would of loved to see his progress with the rocks.

Back
Top Bottom