Incorrect breed labelling - What's the worst you've seen?

Yep, bought them on purpose :) Other customers might not know what they bought though, and that's gonna be quite a surprise.
Im just picturing .... Sunday morning brunch, windows open enjoying the fresh morning air. Calming sounds of hens clucking in the distance, birds chirping, kids actually getting along giggling and playing. All broken by the loud shrieking GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE of a tom who should have been a beautiful white hem (I invision a sign that said Leghorn poults to help convince my husband some white eggs would be nice)
And my husband leaning over "I think somethings wrong with your hen" as he roles his eyes and heads to the field.
And I giggle all the way out to the turkeys im "not aloud" to have

Of course, you were nice enough to let them know of their error.

Oh, I don't think I ever told the follow up. The woman stopped me the next time I was in the store and asked me if they were turkeys or not. I told her they were definitely turkeys.

She told me people were going to be surprised because she forgot to tell anyone before she left that they were actually turkeys. Sigh.

Good news though is that someone in my local FB group that I told about them went in and bought the whole bin out the next day knowing they were mostly turkeys, so at least there's that. Out of the fourteen he bought, nine were turkeys.

I was at Rural King earlier this year buying chicks for someone. I had to grab two more to make the minimum, so I figured I'd grab two pullets from one of the several bins marked down to 75 cents. I saw salmon faverolles pullets marked down and got very, very excited. What a cool addition to my flock! But there were two obvious groupings of chicks in the bin, dark chipmunk ones that were probably two weeks old and some solid black ones that were under a week old. When I looked up faverolles chicks, neither turned out to be faverolles, which are yellow. Usually more knowledgeable than our TSCs, the attendant at RK was stumped, too, when I asked about the probable mix up. He still sold me two for 75 cents each. All those brand new chicks marked down! Anyway, the two I got (dark chipmunk ones) turned out to be Welsummer or Welsummer mixes. I did get two girls, at least!

I've always bought from hatcheries. I used Murray McMurray twice to buy Light Brahmas. The first batch were beautiful. The second batch must have mix Light Brahma crosses. They had as many black feathers as white.

I got my last batch from Cackel. I ordered Light Brahmas and Delawares. They all look like they should. I'll never buy from Murray McMurray again

Back
Top Bottom