Incubating Peafowl Eggs...

What kind of Peacocks are you guys raising? We have an India blue hen, a Pied hen, and a Purple Blackshoulder hen. Our male is a gorgeous Purple Split so he's half India Blue, half Purple Blackshoulder but he has the coloring of the Purple Blackshoulder except for a streak of green and blue feathers down the middle of his back.
Pictures?
pop.gif

KingBee, do you have any midnight peafowl? Been looking for one or maybe a pair for a couple years now. Also, where is Marion? I live in Northeast Colorado so might be worth a trip if you're not too far away.

NM, found it. Looks like you are about 70 miles from Salina. I have family from Russel and we sometimes make trips out that way. We also used to go to Salina to visit my aunt and uncle and to eat at the old Brookeville hotel! Heard they moved to Abilene so just wondered if you know of that place and if it is still there. Maybe it'd be worth a trip to eat fried chicken and pick up some peas!

I treat chickens like I do my peas.  My concern is with hatching expensive birds so if I can get the best results for them I am not really concerned about a cheap chicken.  We just ran a load of BCM and EE in the Brinsea set on 99.6* and 55% then hatched at 75% and whatever it spiked to during hatch.  I can tell you that my wife freaked when she saw the temp in the hatcher was over 103*, we left the door open the rest of the night...  Anyway, out of 198 eggs set we candled out 14 and had six or eight either drown in the shell, got stuck, or trampled. 

Thank you. That gives me an idea of where I would start.

Just go to my FB page 'Spring Creek Peafowl' and see lots of different colors and patterns.

Wow! Some beautiful birds! I love the pic of the momma on the roost with the three babies under her!

@casportpony what kind do you have?

I've been told that peacocks are very loud. How do you handle the noise from so many?

NM, found it. Looks like you are about 70 miles from Salina. I have family from Russel and we sometimes make trips out that way. We also used to go to Salina to visit my aunt and uncle and to eat at the old Brookeville hotel! Heard they moved to Abilene so just wondered if you know of that place and if it is still there. Maybe it'd be worth a trip to eat fried chicken and pick up some peas!

My family takes regular jaunts to Abilene just to eat there, not far actually. Just give us a heads up and we will work out a visit for you.

Back
Top Bottom