INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question... Has anyone ever used glazed ceramic egg crates in an incubator? They are oven safe and food grade sealed. They have lower sides but are heavier so they won't tip over. They would also be easy to sterilize. Paper cartons were drying out the eggs and styrofoam is harder to sterilize... Thoughts?

Last edited:
HEY CHICKEN HAWK

are these the new chicks from the bator that hatch in the late morning? because the ones looked fine in the images in the brooder late last evenin.

was the brooder perhaps too slippery in the front at the feed and water? or something?

HEY CH you with us boy?

Question... Has anyone ever used glazed ceramic egg crates in an incubator? They are oven safe and food grade sealed. They have lower sides but are heavier so they won't tip over. They would also be easy to sterilize. Paper cartons were drying out the eggs and styrofoam is harder to sterilize... Thoughts?
there would be no air flow throughout

you already have 2 out!! and 4 pips and you be complaining!!!

teen-wolf-lydia-screaming.gif

Dont make me start the madness on you now Bejammie, that uppin font stuff is a pain, now gifs are fun, but people are startin to thing I am a bit wacked

SC already answered this one for me....
gig.gif

It is just fine to set eggs the same day that they are laid.
Do you have a separate bator for the new eggs? Putting new eggs in with some that are 7 days started is quite a ways out there.

Duck eggs take 7 days longer... They will all be due at the same time if I put the new ones in on day 7 of the duck eggs....
big_smile.png

@Cynthia12

Last edited:
I would say ceramic is a super product for the job, but it's more expensive than plastic. The main reason why I would not recommend it though is that the air can not get to the egg from below. If you could get one with holes in it though, it would probably work perfectly

Last edited:
SC already answered this one for me....
gig.gif

Duck eggs take 7 days longer... They will all be due at the same time if I put the new ones in on day 7 of the duck eggs....
big_smile.png

which breed are the ducks again WV? and are your intentions to remove spray and cool them during the day at times? the reason I ask is weight loss issues for duck #1 and #2 a newly laid eggs air cell effect on that too

I think CHs chicks were hurt in the incubator on the metal screen.
@chicken hawk 33
Wrap all injured legs like Sally is showing you. Chicks heal fast.
And put a towel in the brooder for them to walk on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom