INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they look ok for size? And largest dip, just for the wonky cell, correct? All others the lowest point goes up, correct?

even with the wonky air cells you should be able to see where the normal lowest dip is by now? put that up and put an x just to the left of that (why does this text seem so small? )
lau.gif

LL
LL

Last edited:
I have three more like that one with the messed up leg and I know what is wrong with them each of them their right leg is broken I think from the wire mesh. :hit I don't know what else to do but I will probably have to put them out of their misery each of them their right leg is broken

I have three more like that one with the messed up leg and I know what is wrong with them each of them their right leg is broken I think from the wire mesh.
hit.gif
I don't know what else to do but I will probably have to put them out of their misery each of them their right leg is broken

Thats weird, I don't have any advice sorry. If I had ANY Ideas I would do my best to help But I don't. I am really Sorry about the legs
hugs.gif

HELP! I have questions!

#1 DO MY AIR CELLS LOOK OK FOR DAY 18?
If not, what can I do???

#2 HOW DO I PUT WONKY CELLS FOR LOCKDOWN?
(lying down? Upright in carton? Options 3?)
@Sally Sunshine @Cynthia12

Blue Egg Mixes:
(this is the wonky egg-#7)

Crested Cream Legbar:

Everyone is still looking great! I had several kickers, but most were hunkered down getting ready for their big debut!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
I am getting excited!!!!
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
veny the look just a tad on the small size that I personally like, I would run 65 at hatch until first pips. and then lets see what your timing of pips and humidity does

Last edited:
I have three more like that one with the messed up leg and I know what is wrong with them each of them their right leg is broken I think from the wire mesh.
hit.gif
I don't know what else to do but I will probably have to put them out of their misery each of them their right leg is broken

Oh my... could you post some pics?

hit.gif

How did they get a leg broken? is it happening in the brooder?

I have seen this with very small chicks, and I always hatch on the foam drawer liner or paper towels to prevent this. It is very difficult in a foam incubator, because this covers up the water channels so you cannot see or fill them. I am sorry about your chicks.

However...chickens heal VERY quickly so let's see what we can do. Can the others walk, and just have tendons showing through ripped skin? If so, Bacitracin ointment will help protect the wound until it heals and will discourage the others from pecking at it.

The one that can't walk...can you gently straighten out the leg? If you can get it straightened out, it may go back into place. At that time, Bacitracin and a Band Aid right over the hock (which will protect and splint it) may help. But the chick will not be able to lay down if its leg is braced straight, so you will need to take a sour cream container or something, wind a bit of rag around the outside so that the feet can hang down in the middle and the body is supported, may help it heal. You'll need to hand feed it and offer it water every hour or so. It may be more humane to put this one down.

Please don't put the babies on a slippery floor. They can injure their legs trying to get traction.

Is this the same chick you showed upside down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom