INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first day she stayed 24/7 except for maybe five minutes too eat and poop.But when I opens the coop on day two that's when I seen the egg on the floor crushed and the one missing.

Where is my post and you should have been there . WV find it and bring it over here .I'll not set still for that .
lau.gif

What did I do?
hide.gif

lau.gif

We let you believe that, because its so much easier to just say "You were right, I don't know what I was thinking".
Then we have to go online and
smack.gif
the crap out of every woman in the incubating section
gig.gif

Because you know its true... no sense fighting it.

smack.gif
smack.gif
Extra one from Sally, since she's not here to do it.

It would be day three today.

Those eggs may not even be started yet. It sounds like she was just sleeping on them and not sitting tight at all. Wouldn't tell you much to candle them yet. Are you able to grab them and put them in your incubator? Or do you have a plan for other eggs going in the incubator soon?
If you are not planning on putting other eggs in there for the next three weeks, why don't you just put all these in there and candle them in a week.....

Maybe your hen wanted baby ping pong balls and isn't interested in chicks....?

Let us know what you want to do so we can help!

But it's day 3 after a week on the ping pong balls. She knows something is different, so she isn't taking to the eggs yet. I would leave them in there for a couple more days. Maybe she will decide to settle on them

and maybe through some ping pong balls back in . I understand now you don't want to tie up the Incubator . so you can hatch along on new years eve .
thumbsup.gif
so watch and wait . what breed is the broody ?

CH - it really sounds like she just wasn't ready yet. It happens. You don't really have much choice other than to leave the eggs there, and see what she does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom