INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she is just sleeping on them and not really broody. If she gets off them every day, she maybe just isn't ready.

This is what I was thinking. But, he did say that she sat on them 24/7 for a day. She just gave up, the ping pong balls were taken away, and that's all she wrote.
roll.png

CH, there is no way you can make her stay on them.

Last edited:
It would be day three today.
You can leave them and hope that she returns to the nest, or you can remove them, and break her broodiness. You'll be doing the NYD HAL anyways, yes? So, maybe good to not invest in an other hatch between now and then.

I will be putting eggs in the baton in about a week.I will leave them for her..help
Or, you can do an experiment with them. Save them and set them with the NYD HAL eggs. Eggs in early incubation can go into animated state if held in cool temps.

So tonight is day 18!!!!! Locking down and doing what Sally said to do! I am going to have to duct tape my hands to my butt! Hahahahaha!!! I will post what is locking sown tonight after candle!
In your case, perhaps you need to duct tape your hands to the UNDER SIDE of the chair you're sitting on.

Some of you will get a kick out of this....but I hatched two perfectly healthy bantam chicks using a bowl, a towel, a box and a heat lamp in my garage....I did nothing but rotate the eggs occasionally and adjust the lamp to achieve a temperature that I thought felt normal....I never even had a thermometer. Thatmay be rare...but I totally did it !

Love it!

Some of you will get a kick out of this....but I hatched two perfectly healthy bantam chicks using a bowl, a towel, a box and a heat lamp in my garage....I did nothing but rotate the eggs occasionally and adjust the lamp to achieve a temperature that I thought felt normal....I never even had a thermometer. Thatmay be rare...but I totally did it !
Yeah, that makes me feel great about a $400 incubator and a 75% hatch rate :hit

My first hatch was in the kitchen oven. The pilot light keep it too hot unless I cracked the door. I dipped the eggs in warm water for humidity. I can't remember the hatch rate but it was good. They went under a broody after hatching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom