INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a bit bloody... It's impossible to get past veins. I think I'll let it sit for an hour at least if it hasn't gotten out by then.

Keep a close eye on that chick. I once had one like that, but it got to the point where I just had to get him out. It ended up being fine. But, got killed by my cat.

He's a bit bloody... It's impossible to get past veins. I think I'll let it sit for an hour at least if it hasn't gotten out by then.

keep the membrane moist. you could also wet a paper towel with warm water and wrap around the remaining shell, it helps keep the humidity on the membrane, without having to constantly open the bator

I would imagine once his head is out his body would just slide out. Can You see if he has absorbed his yolk?
I don't know if I can without pulling him out, which I don't really want to do. But after this long, I'm guessing it is. His two buddies pipped a few hours after and hatched a couple hours ago.

Quote: The amount of blood indicates that it is not ready, and may still have some external yolk sac.

I would dampen the membrane and cover the top of the egg with the egg shell of a chick that has hatched to keep it moist, Then check on it in 2 hours as see if it has progressed or needs more help.

It is possible that although the chick is fully formed it may not be "normal" enough to hatch. If it does not progress with your intervention it maybe was not meant to be, and there is nothing you could have done to save it.

The amount of blood indicates that it is not ready, and may still have some external yolk sac.

I would dampen the membrane and cover the top of the egg with the egg shell of a chick that has hatched to keep it moist, Then check on it in 2 hours as see if it has progressed or needs more help.

It is possible that although the chick is fully formed it may not be "normal" enough to hatch. If it does not progress with your intervention it maybe was not meant to be, and there is nothing you could have done to save it.
have to agree. keep it moist and give it some more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom