INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hide.gif
I was just called mean for saying that a mean male should be eaten. He attacks all humans and animals. Even large dogs. One hen must live inside, because he picked all of her feathers out.
Yup. I'm mean.
I hope you gave them a "this is how life goes in the real world" speech

I didn't say a word. This is not something I can understand. "Tolerance" is tolerating everyone's differences as long as you agree.
Christians must be tolerant of the minority atheist. Then the atheist cancels Christmas.
If they do not want to eat third bird, they do not have to. But just because I said that the bird needs to go, does not mean I am mean. It means that is my opinion. You asked. Move on.
:D I'm done chattering.

Quote: I use a tractor pattern that I like (adapted with a raised platform and roost). Google "Stress free chicken tractor plans" to find it...

Quote: Yeah, I was wondering what an 'eagle eye' was
tongue.png

One of the funniest things to me is this: You know how some folks here on BYC are REALLY picky about the spelling of Ameraucana, and how if anyone spells it "Americana" then that automatically means it's an Easter Egger, or that they don't know what they are talking about or are otherwise ignorant?

I recently got one, so I started typing it. Try typing it in BYC. Did you see that? Ameraucana autocorrects to "Americana" - repeatedly, annoyingly, always.
lau.gif

Quote: He doesn't even correct us anymore when we call it the Barbiebator...
lol.png

Well, Mr. Tucker's got himself a reprieve, at least for now.

Before DW went back to work, I was asking her about the controls on her new stove so I could get the hot water ready. She asked if I planned to "do the deed" today. I told her I was as soon as the water got hot enough. Then I let her talk me into holding off, at least for the time being, and start carrying a stick with me in the run in case he decides to try me again.

I know y'all think I'm only delaying the inevitable, and maybe / probably I am, but I've been sitting here thinking about it all day & most of last night since our little "encounter", and haven't felt at all comfortable with the finality of it all. I drove a lot of miles to get him, and have since invested a lot of time in him, and if I end it all now, I'll be that much longer getting the darker eggs that started this operation to begin with. Not that darker eggs are better than any others; I've known all along that isn't the case, but I happen to prefer them, and as long as I'm housing & feeding the producers of those eggs, why not try to get the results I want, the quickest way possible? Besides all that, I fell in love with him the first time I laid eyes on him; I thought he was a strikingly beautiful animal then, and I always will, regardless of the cause of his demise. Anyway, is it really his fault that he's protective of his little harem of redheads, or that his testosterone level is high? Isn't that the case with most males in their prime, regardless of species?

Okay, I admit it; I'm really a big softy about animals. That's just me, & I can live with that.

To be continued....
Seriously, whites, you have GOTTA try to water gun/pistol thing. I have a Cream Legear rooster who is VERY protective of his hens and coop, and I get a complete 180 from him when he gets a face full of water - many times just picking it up induces sudden subordinate behavior. And I can do it at a distance. He understands I'm boss, and should he get in his head to come after me, it straightens him out. He would have been soup long ago without the Super Soaker.... It can't hurt to try it if you would like to otherwise keep him. Spray him full on in the face if he lunges at you (it may take more than one), and he'll figure out who's boss really quickly...

Quote: The only time I REALLY lose something and can't find it is when I've put it "in a safe place"...
lau.gif

Well, folks, my crazy little Speckled Sussex pullet (Dotty) who was the chronic escapee and refused to stay in her (relatively protected) paddock is missing, presumed dead. I'd be more sad if I wasn't expecting it to happen any day now, since she refused to take cover and kept trying to stay outside of the coop/paddock. I think it was a hawk - she wasn't in the coop at bedtime last night, and wasn't anywhere in the yard that I could find. I looked again in more light this morning, and only found a little tiny bit of fresh innards that might be hers back in the brush - no feathers or blood. I think it may have been dropped. We have both owls and hawks - could have been either, honestly.

Poor silly little thing...

- Ant Farm
Searching Super Soaker now

Quote: I use a tractor pattern that I like (adapted with a raised platform and roost). Google "Stress free chicken tractor plans" to find it...

Quote: Yeah, I was wondering what an 'eagle eye' was
tongue.png

One of the funniest things to me is this: You know how some folks here on BYC are REALLY picky about the spelling of Ameraucana, and how if anyone spells it "Americana" then that automatically means it's an Easter Egger, or that they don't know what they are talking about or are otherwise ignorant?

I recently got one, so I started typing it. Try typing it in BYC. Did you see that? Ameraucana autocorrects to "Americana" - repeatedly, annoyingly, always.
lau.gif

Quote: He doesn't even correct us anymore when we call it the Barbiebator...
lol.png

Well, Mr. Tucker's got himself a reprieve, at least for now.

Before DW went back to work, I was asking her about the controls on her new stove so I could get the hot water ready. She asked if I planned to "do the deed" today. I told her I was as soon as the water got hot enough. Then I let her talk me into holding off, at least for the time being, and start carrying a stick with me in the run in case he decides to try me again.

I know y'all think I'm only delaying the inevitable, and maybe / probably I am, but I've been sitting here thinking about it all day & most of last night since our little "encounter", and haven't felt at all comfortable with the finality of it all. I drove a lot of miles to get him, and have since invested a lot of time in him, and if I end it all now, I'll be that much longer getting the darker eggs that started this operation to begin with. Not that darker eggs are better than any others; I've known all along that isn't the case, but I happen to prefer them, and as long as I'm housing & feeding the producers of those eggs, why not try to get the results I want, the quickest way possible? Besides all that, I fell in love with him the first time I laid eyes on him; I thought he was a strikingly beautiful animal then, and I always will, regardless of the cause of his demise. Anyway, is it really his fault that he's protective of his little harem of redheads, or that his testosterone level is high? Isn't that the case with most males in their prime, regardless of species?

Okay, I admit it; I'm really a big softy about animals. That's just me, & I can live with that.

To be continued....
Seriously, whites, you have GOTTA try to water gun/pistol thing. I have a Cream Legear rooster who is VERY protective of his hens and coop, and I get a complete 180 from him when he gets a face full of water - many times just picking it up induces sudden subordinate behavior. And I can do it at a distance. He understands I'm boss, and should he get in his head to come after me, it straightens him out. He would have been soup long ago without the Super Soaker.... It can't hurt to try it if you would like to otherwise keep him. Spray him full on in the face if he lunges at you (it may take more than one), and he'll figure out who's boss really quickly...

Quote: The only time I REALLY lose something and can't find it is when I've put it "in a safe place"...
lau.gif

Well, folks, my crazy little Speckled Sussex pullet (Dotty) who was the chronic escapee and refused to stay in her (relatively protected) paddock is missing, presumed dead. I'd be more sad if I wasn't expecting it to happen any day now, since she refused to take cover and kept trying to stay outside of the coop/paddock. I think it was a hawk - she wasn't in the coop at bedtime last night, and wasn't anywhere in the yard that I could find. I looked again in more light this morning, and only found a little tiny bit of fresh innards that might be hers back in the brush - no feathers or blood. I think it may have been dropped. We have both owls and hawks - could have been either, honestly.

- Ant Farm
Searching Super Soaker now
Found it on Amazon; which model you use?

Quote: That's not a bad idea...

- Ant Farm
I am glad you have it straightened out, now learn to stand up straighter in the shower when shaving yer legs ok? lets try to not have this issue again please!!!! @Fire Ant Farm
You need.....

INTRODUCING THE NEW....... wait for it......

GET A LEG UP!!!

shower-footrest.jpg

OMG, I had to read that twice to realize what you were talking about - that is hysterical, I can't even remember when I last shaved my legs...
lau.gif

(Hey, for you guys out there, here's a secret - WE COME WITH HAIR...
gig.gif
)
gig.gif
@Fire Ant Farm SNORT go figured, HAIR of all things! lmao

Sally, your birds are lovely (and I'm sorry, but ANY photo of a Serama just cracks me up - such a funny little stance).
THANK YOU DEAR! I know, and the hens are so sweet!!
Quote:

awwwwww so one of these is the weakling? Good job MC

Quote: now if I could just remember my own phone number I would be ok lol

yesss.gif

Only about 10,000 more posts until we are #1!
-Banti
ONLY???????????????? good grief sweets!
duc.gif
You all are already number one in my book anyways
hugs.gif

Considering we posted 990 times yesterday, we could make it in about 15 days.
th.gif
way too much thought going on here

Quote: and even more thought lol

Quote: oh Banti how lovely!! cant wait to see her done!
love.gif

Sorry all, but hello, dealing with flu bug lac of sleep and not a happy camper this week....

But here is what I have so far besides a headache and really sick belly

healthy momma and nine pups thank God its over now....

I use a tractor pattern that I like (adapted with a raised platform and roost). Google "Stress free chicken tractor plans" to find it...

lau.gif

He doesn't even correct us anymore when we call it the Barbiebator...
lol.png

The only time I REALLY lose something and can't find it is when I've put it "in a safe place"...
lau.gif

- Ant Farm
Sorry about Dotty!! I hope you find some feathers to at least get confirmation.
I just lost my indoor only cat to Coyotes because he insisted on bolting outside when someone opened the door.

I didn't say a word. This is not something I can understand. "Tolerance" is tolerating everyone's differences as long as you agree.
Christians must be tolerant of the minority atheist. Then the atheist cancels Christmas.
If they do not want to eat third bird, they do not have to. But just because I said that the bird needs to go, does not mean I am mean. It means that is my opinion. You asked. Move on.
big_smile.png
I'm done chattering.
I'm one of the above minority A's, but I am very tolerant. I also celebrate Christmas - I just choose to celebrate Santa and the commercial side of it.

I believe that if 50% of the chicks hatched are boys, and everybody only wants girls, you have to do something with the extras,,,, You could sell them and take the chance someone will use them to fight, or you can eat them. I'm looking for someone that will kill, de-feather and gut them for me - they can keep half. Problem is, the 2 I want to get rid of right now are both silkies - and the person willing to kill them for me, is freaked out about the black skin.

I just ordered a dozen Ayem Cemani eggs, I wonder what they will say about those roos?

The doomed roo's in this flock are the ones you see here with brown necks. They just happen to be the biggest.

Sorry all, but hello, dealing with flu bug lac of sleep and not a happy camper this week....

But here is what I have so far besides a headache and really sick belly

healthy momma and nine pups thank God its over now....

I'm so sorry you have been feeling so crummy Sally!!! I hope things start to get better soon! Congratulations on the ADORABLE pups!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom