Incubator unplugged

missionarywife

Songster
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
Ok, somewhere between 11 pm last night and 7 am today my incubbator was unplugged. The temp was down to 77 degrees which makes me think it was unplugged last night. Are all the chicks dead? Can they survive a mishap like this. This is only the first week, I put them in last Monday.

Quote:
They can survive that. I had an incident much worse than that 56 degrees and a day and a half and had a compromised hatch, but still decent. Mine was two days late.

My hatch rate was not very good last time. 20 percent on the ducks and 14 out of 35 on the chickens. I was hoping for a much better hatch rate.

Plug it back in and see what happens. One of my broody hens got back on the wrong nest and when I came home and found her the eggs were all cold, not cool but cold. The Ruen eggs that I had under her have been hatching like crazy all day. I don't know how many have hatched, but it's over half and I think quite a bit more, I'll find out tomorrow. So all is not lost and you could still get a good hatch so plug that bator back in.
fl.gif

I ran into the kitchen and turned the incubator on. My neighbor gave me 42 duck eggs and we are splitting what hatches. So I obviously want as many as can to survive.

The ducklings finished hatching and out of 11 eggs I have 9 healthy ducklings, 1 egg that quit early, and one poor duckling that started to zip but didn't make it. These eggs were COLD when I found miss broody on the wrong nest and we still had 9/10 that were viable hatch so don't give up on yours.
fl.gif

Well, besides it getting uplugged we lost electricity 2 times. I have 2 hatched and more are pipped. Yeah!

Back
Top Bottom