Indian Food - Anybody else love the stuff?

Quote:
Hi Rob,

I lived for five years on Sint Maarten on the Dutch side in the Caribbean (Dutch/French West Indies). Loved it! Especially the restaurants. The island is only 37 sq. kilometers but has over 400 restaurants, more than for one a night! Everything from French (on the French side) to Indian to Moroccan to Brazilian. I mean everything. The last I knew there were seven great Indian restaurants.

Now, as you know, I live in India. I was addicted to Indian food before I got here (as well as to Mexican), but never quite found the taste of Indian food the same here as almost anywhere else. The difference being that the traditional Indian dishes don't come with much butter and/or cream. That's been added outside of India. But in my opinion, it's something the locals need to do, because it is absolutely fantastic with it. And God knows everyone can eat it that way, even the Brahmin vegans.

My favorite would be rava idly with samber and coconut chutney. I could die for that. I make enough of them so that I can have the left-overs for breakfast with a half fried egg (sunny side up) on top of each idly and samber allllll around. SmmmaakK! Slurrrp! I like dosas too, and if you ever get over here I'll show you some places.
wink.png

Sky~

Here in Tucson we have four Indian restaurants. And they are all good. They each have lunch buffets that are wonderful!!

I do have a favorite one, they serve at lunch some lamb meatballs in a mild red sauce that is just "to die for."

If I had to choose one type of food to eat the rest of my life it would be Indian!!

Last edited:
my wife is indian but she was born and raised in fiji but that is all i eat is indian food lol it is 90% spices lol but you get use to it i love it

Dinner was fantastic! Great food and great company.

They had a dinner buffet which gave us some wonderful variety and mango soft serve ice cream at the end. Unfortunately no chicken makhani, but they had plenty to keep us happy.

Indian food is a favorite here! I've tried making it once or twice but the complicated spice mixtures trip me up. I should get some good, representative recipes and try those to challenge myself. I've heard that most of the food in restaurants is N. India, which includes meats, while the vegetarian Indian cuisines of the south are harder to find (or is it the other way around?).

There's a joke that someone from Seattle knows the difference between Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, and Japanese food. http://northwestladybug.blogspot.com/2007/02/you-know-youre-from-seattle-when.html Of those, I'd say that Thai is generally my fav, though a Korean BBQ can really make your toes curl in a naughty way.

Back
Top Bottom