Infection

Sarahloveslulu

Chirping
May 20, 2020
I have 3 turkeys.They are about 3 months old.I have 1 girl and two boys.The heaviest of the three is a 16.4 lb boy.The other boy is 15.2.The girl is 12.9.There white breasted turkeys.The smaller boy has a cluster of purple and white caruncles. It is on the lower part of his neck. I am worried that it is blood loss or infection. I wonder this because the bigger boy doesn't have it. Please give an answer.

I have 3 turkeys.They are about 3 months old.I have 1 girl and two boys.The heaviest of the three is a 16.4 lb boy.The other boy is 15.2.The girl is 12.9.There white breasted turkeys.The smaller boy has a cluster of purple and white caruncles. It is on the lower part of his neck. I am worried that it is blood loss or infection. I wonder this because the bigger boy doesn't have it. Please give an answer.
It sounds like you have Broad Breasted White turkeys which are designed to be a meat bird. It is common for toms to develop larger caruncles at an earlier age than the hens do. When fully aroused those caruncles will become enlarged and deep red in color. The tom's snoods should also be getting bigger too.

Actually, the female has a bigger snood than the smaller boy. But should the color be deep purple and bright white.

He is white in the picture.But this cluster is purple.

Attachments

• 20200629_092917.jpg
    20200629_092917.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom