Injured guinea

LLTIP

Hatching
Oct 3, 2017
Hi, I have a 15 week old guinea that was fine up until Sunday morning when I went out to feed them. I noticed it fell to the ground and can not walk. It can stand but stumbles over like its drunk. Its still eating and drinking and wants to go out with the rest of them but it just cant walk to go. we have put it in a separate little cage to keep it from hurting itself any worse and have left that cage in so it can be with the others. I am at a loss as to what could have happened. There are no wounds or breaks and its legs look fine. Any ideas?

It may have had a hard landing, impact injury to the foot, leg or hip. An anti-inflammatory would be helpful, a vet may sell you some. Or, you can go the herbal route. I use a cream called "The Rub", for sore legs, bruises and sprains, on my chickens. It can be purchased at a Health Food store or online. Slather the leg and then, let it rest. You did right by isolating the guinea in a cage. An injury also requires some B12 vitamin, injection is best, but you can give it orally. Extra calcium is also good. If you have some Nutri drench for poultry, give some now. Guineas respond well to meat, like chickens. Protien is a natural booster, gives strength. This will take time to heal. If internal illness is not a factor it may be alright.
So that it doesn't get depressed you can put the cage in the with it's pen mates.
God bless to you and your guinea!

Back
Top Bottom