Injured neck

blumenfarmer

In the Brooder
Feb 11, 2021
I have a little hen with a serious neck injury - I guess she was getting pecked a lot for a few days and now she has a deep wound, I can see right into her neck. I feel so awful that I didn’t catch it before it got this bad. Her feathers covered it in such a way that I didn’t notice until I picked her up. My question is, is this something that can heal, or do I need to unfortunately put her out of her misery? I have her separated of course, and she is drinking and eating. If healing is possible, what should I do as far as wound care?

I have a little hen with a serious neck injury - I guess she was getting pecked a lot for a few days and now she has a deep wound, I can see right into her neck. I feel so awful that I didn’t catch it before it got this bad. Her feathers covered it in such a way that I didn’t notice until I picked her up. My question is, is this something that can heal, or do I need to unfortunately put her out of her misery? I have her separated of course, and she is drinking and eating. If healing is possible, what should I do as far as wound care?
Do you have a pic so we can see how bad the injury is?

F190B8E3-54BE-4019-A717-6E42FB45C6F7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom