Injured Racing Pigeon Found

She is lovely. Have you offered a bath yet?
P1010042.JPG

I think I saw another racing pigeon today, a pied rock dove that flew over my house. I wish it luck on getting home safely! :fl I am wondering if it was from the same owners or someone else?

Rock Doves aren't normally in the area where I live, we have Collared Doves and Wood Pigeons in the area normally.

4 days now and still no response from Pidove's owners. :hmm
Though Pidove's wound is healing better and better each day, though Pidove did pull the feathers with the dry blood on out yesterday which worried me a little, but it didn't appear to affect the wound. I shall trust in Pidove's judgement. :p

4 days now and still no response from Pidove's owners. :hmm
Though Pidove's wound is healing better and better each day, though Pidove did pull the feathers with the dry blood on out yesterday which worried me a little, but it didn't appear to affect the wound. I shall trust in Pidove's judgement. :p
I think, after 4 days of no response, you are now the proud owner of Pidove. :wee

I've been watching this thread, and have to admit I was hoping the owners wouldn't call and you end up keeping Pidove!

I think, after 4 days of no response, you are now the proud owner of Pidove. :wee

I would have preferred if they at least tried to contact me regarding her even if they didn't want her, makes me concerned about their other possibly lost birds. :hmm Though I am happy that I am the new proud owner of the adorable lump of feathers... Amusingly my diamond dove has started cooing to her! :lau Sorry little fella, she is a bit too big for ya!

Also... Been debating on getting Pidove a buddy, not too far away there's tons of feral rock doves which I have been thinking about, they look healthy and have lots of different colours and there's even feral fantails there, but I am still rather hesitant due to risk of disease and parasites. I have looked up breeders in my area... But they are charging £30 or more for something I see feral on a regular basis walking and flying around at the town when I go shopping! :eek:

Edit: I mean, look at these beauties!
Feral Doves.png Feral Doves2.png Feral Doves3.jpg Feral Doves4.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom