Injured Racing Pigeon Found

There's cracked corn in the bird seed mix, which Pidove has been loving. And I have some crushed garlic in her water. ^^
Great!!! Good for you! Now finding it's owner any luck? With that? Thanks to the net or you could once you fill the bird is healthy enough you could take it for a ride away from your home and release it, and it will do what they do and fly home!
Good luck!!
CRZYTRKR

Great!!! Good for you! Now finding it's owner any luck? With that? Thanks to the net or you could once you fill the bird is healthy enough you could take it for a ride away from your home and release it, and it will do what they do and fly home!
Good luck!!
CRZYTRKR

I have got the owners located, but they live 26.1 miles away and lack transportation, though they have my address, email and phone number, they haven't contacted me yet. Right now she is still healing up from her wound.

Note, this isn't ALL for Pidove, but mixed treats for my other birds too which Pidove decided to sample. :p Pidove doesn't seem all that keen on the fruit, but does like chilies apparently!
DSCF5974.JPG DSCF5977.JPG DSCF5976.JPG

I've had to cut back on them! She was throwing all her food out the tray just to find them!
Sounds like Pidove when looking for the grass seeds in the wild bird seed mix. :p

Also... I think Pidove suffers separation anxiety, when I left the room to help my dad cook, Pidove flew over to the old TV and stood there waiting for me to come back in, stepping up onto my hand. Also when I left the door open for a moment after perching her again, I then found her atop it staring down at me when I went in to check on her! :lau I was only gone for a moment, she sure can fly fast!

Now she is happily napping on my hand.
DSCF5996.JPG DSCF6011.JPG

Sounds like Pidove when looking for the grass seeds in the wild bird seed mix. :p

Also... I think Pidove suffers separation anxiety, when I left the room to help my dad cook, Pidove flew over to the old TV and stood there waiting for me to come back in, stepping up onto my hand. Also when I left the door open for a moment after perching her again, I then found her atop it staring down at me when I went in to check on her! :lau I was only gone for a moment, she sure can fly fast!

Now she is happily napping on my hand.
View attachment 1395784 View attachment 1395785
I think you have found a new BFF! She needs you! I have a chicken that follows me round. She jumps on my back when I crouch down! Only thing is I don't turn round and look at her now because she was on my shoulder and pecked me in the eye! Luckily I blinked a split before!

OP. I think you are taking really good care of your lost pigeon. She is clearly very happy with you.

Could you ask the owners if you could keep her as you have go so attacked? It would be worth a go. If they said no.. then at least that shows they really care about their pigeon too. Some pigeon racing people don't treat the birds right at all and don't really care about birds that are lost or slow to return.. many will cull them as they are seen as a waste of space and waste of money to feed a 'looser' bird.

Back
Top Bottom