ChickChick2121

Songster
Aug 15, 2021
Hello :) I need some help figuring out how to introduce the new members of this flock together. Currently have 8 laying hens. 9 in the brooder that are 13 weeks old. Acquiring a 15 week old Black Australorp rooster next week. What would be the best order and way to introduce these birds? I would normally put the 9 new hens in a see no touch area in the coop for a few weeks and then let them go. But should I integrate the rooster in with the 13 week hens first? If so how long? I'm open to ideas. Thank you. You guys are the best.
IMG_20230621_142336.jpg

Last edited:
The ‘no touch’ area sounds good. Are the new hens familiar with the new rooster, or are they from different places? I would just put the newbies in a run where the older chicken could see them and hear them. After about a week I would merge the two.

The ‘no touch’ area sounds good. Are the new hens familiar with the new rooster, or are they from different places? I would just put the newbies in a run where the older chicken could see them and hear them. After about a week I would merge the two.
New hens do not know the new rooster. He arrives on Saturday :)

Back
Top Bottom