Interior Coop Pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jason9111, Aug 31, 2011.

1. ll

ll Chillin' With My Peeps

aww @ poopy walls - the interior of our coop is bright white and I haven't had to touch the walls at all...
    because our roosts are 18" minimum from the wall. Their poop doesn't reach.

2. Zonoma

Zonoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Northern Kentucky
    Quote:Oh, believe me. I haunt this thread because I want to refine my coop design before I build another one! I like mine (for a first, I'm very happy with it) but some stuff drives me nuts and will get fixed 'next time'.

3. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Quote:Love the plexi glass door!!

4. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    Here is mine.

We have since lined the whole inside (other than the doors) with white corrugated plastic. IT is so washable and I thought it would add some insulation. I also added a perch from the one perch to the wall in front of the nest boxes. It is 4x8
    [​IMG]

Here is a front view inside the run. We move it once a week (you can see the grass behind where we moved it) Many times we do no move it in the winter. If the ground is dry and it is possible, we do.
    [​IMG]

Heres the side
    [​IMG]

We cover the run with a tarp, in the winter we tarp one side and most of the other side as well.

1 person likes this.
  5. seanb

seanb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Central PA
    Quote:Does anyone like my coop? or are the pics too small? I don't know how to get them bigger [​IMG]

When you copy from Photobucket, try clicking on 'IMG code', out of the four options. That's how I post pictures and they always appear large enough.

6. Billy-jean

Billy-jean Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    I'll try again,,thanks~!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's my ducks on the other side of the run [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. downeastthunderfarm

downeastthunderfarm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    Maine
    This is the chicken tractor we finished the other weekend for our bantams. We call it the Banty B and B.
    [​IMG]

Inside view showing roost
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The upper deck
    [​IMG]

View of the doors
    [​IMG]

Entrance to nesting boxes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peering through the window
    [​IMG]

If you're interested in more pics, click here .

8. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That is so cute (the coop and the chickens!). Keep in mind that the doors may swell so have your sander or plane ready. Our pop door is the piece that was cut from the wall and I had to kick it to get it to shut tonight. The walk door swells too but we have more trouble opening it than closing it so far.

9. Hunkiedorie

Hunkiedorie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    Having hatched this summer (with the help of broodies Hardy and Freeman !) 2 Nankin and 3 Gold Lace Polish with 'wild haircuts' I wanted - nay NEEDED a bigger coop for them and my aching back. However the five tribe and their mums were very content in the wee coop and the other 2 hens plus Huey the cockerel were in another beside them - they all wander free during the day. Then I had a cunning plan - oh good sighed himself when I told him :) but even he now appreciates my lateral thinking as it has cost the price of a hinge for a pop hole!! I was the proud owner of an 8 x 6 half-glazed roof shed in which I pottered about but this year I spent shed-time watching the delights of the new tweeps so could only put three tomatoes on the table.........what if we put the wee coop inside the shed and attached the run for when we want to keep them a bit confined ? We did it two days ago and an egg has been laid and everyone has loads of space plus my back is creak-free .... so happiness reigns

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scottish Borders with himself - daughter in Oz, Freeman, Hardy, Willis, Tweeny and Huey the cockerel and the new tweeps Elvis (the haircut) Spike (his dad was a GLP frizzle) Dozey (wait for me !) and Nankins Nip and Tuck

mamacearc and Cryss like this.
  10. Hunkiedorie

Hunkiedorie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    I thought a picture of Elvis would be

[​IMG]

Cryss likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by