Interior Coop Pics

Pics
Quote:
Oh, believe me. I haunt this thread because I want to refine my coop design before I build another one! I like mine (for a first, I'm very happy with it) but some stuff drives me nuts and will get fixed 'next time'.

Here is mine.

We have since lined the whole inside (other than the doors) with white corrugated plastic. IT is so washable and I thought it would add some insulation. I also added a perch from the one perch to the wall in front of the nest boxes. It is 4x8
DSC_0001-1.jpg

Here is a front view inside the run. We move it once a week (you can see the grass behind where we moved it) Many times we do no move it in the winter. If the ground is dry and it is possible, we do.
DSC_0047-1.jpg

Heres the side
DSC_0018.jpg

We cover the run with a tarp, in the winter we tarp one side and most of the other side as well.

Quote:
Does anyone like my coop? or are the pics too small? I don't know how to get them bigger
sad.png

When you copy from Photobucket, try clicking on 'IMG code', out of the four options. That's how I post pictures and they always appear large enough.

Quote:
That is so cute (the coop and the chickens!). Keep in mind that the doors may swell so have your sander or plane ready. Our pop door is the piece that was cut from the wall and I had to kick it to get it to shut tonight. The walk door swells too but we have more trouble opening it than closing it so far.

Having hatched this summer (with the help of broodies Hardy and Freeman !) 2 Nankin and 3 Gold Lace Polish with 'wild haircuts' I wanted - nay NEEDED a bigger coop for them and my aching back. However the five tribe and their mums were very content in the wee coop and the other 2 hens plus Huey the cockerel were in another beside them - they all wander free during the day. Then I had a cunning plan - oh good sighed himself when I told him :) but even he now appreciates my lateral thinking as it has cost the price of a hinge for a pop hole!! I was the proud owner of an 8 x 6 half-glazed roof shed in which I pottered about but this year I spent shed-time watching the delights of the new tweeps so could only put three tomatoes on the table.........what if we put the wee coop inside the shed and attached the run for when we want to keep them a bit confined ? We did it two days ago and an egg has been laid and everyone has loads of space plus my back is creak-free .... so happiness reigns

97163_p9270009.jpg

97163_p9270012.jpg

Scottish Borders with himself - daughter in Oz, Freeman, Hardy, Willis, Tweeny and Huey the cockerel and the new tweeps Elvis (the haircut) Spike (his dad was a GLP frizzle) Dozey (wait for me !) and Nankins Nip and Tuck

Back
Top Bottom