Internal issue?

Flockking

Songster
Feb 25, 2021
This lil fluff is only just 4 days old and I don't know what could possibly be wrong with him
He was fine the first two days but now looks like this👇
He eats but not like his siblings
He's moving but like a hen that's egg bound
Gets pop stuck to his vent constantly but I always get it out quickly
He look like his struggling to poo and have become less active,I don't know what to do and loosing him is not an option

Please any opinions or advice 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_20230217_174245_679.jpg
    IMG_20230217_174245_679.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230217_174436_282.jpg
    IMG_20230217_174436_282.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230217_174325_281.jpg
    IMG_20230217_174325_281.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230217_174450_218.jpg
    IMG_20230217_174450_218.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 1
What is their diet? Are they getting too cold or hot? Give him some hard coconut oil to help him pass his droppings
Don't know if you're aware of the money crises going on in nigeria right now
So me as a student, I'm not able to get feed at the moment
So they eat home food mainly consisting of rice and fish
As for warmth, they are getting enough from mum, he's the only one out of the 4 that's like that

Last edited:
Don't know if you're aware of the money crises going on in nigeria right now
So me as a student, I'm not able to get feed at the moment
So they eat home food mainly consisting of rice and fish
As for warmth, they are getting enough from mum, he's the only one out of the 4 that's like that
I didn't know where you are, sorry.
do you have any edible oils?
I don't know to fix this given the circumstances

Make sure to get the chick drinking water, and add a spoonfull of sugar with the tiniest pinch of salt to each cup. If you have some type of oil (olive, canola, coconut, mineral) add a few drops to some mash of food or egg. That might help help it poop. Keep the vent clean and clear, and a drop of oil can be applied. The chick may be cold or failure to thrive.

Make sure to get the chick drinking water, and add a spoonfull of sugar with the tiniest pinch of salt to each cup. If you have some type of oil (olive, canola, coconut, mineral) add a few drops to some mash of food or egg. That might help help it poop. Keep the vent clean and clear, and a drop of oil can be applied. The chick may be cold or failure to thrive.
Thank you
Would do so quickly

Did this and he perked up a lil bit chasing after his siblings with grubs
But while he was soaked In warm water before I removed his pop butt
I noticed a large bad blood spot by his side,just below his ribs and I remembered just a few days back when his mum was scratching the ground while foraging for them, he got caught in her claws

Like the grip she used to dig pind him to the ground while he yeld, I thought it was just a mild something

Could that be the reason for the blood spot and recent issue with him?
If so how to go on from here

Back
Top Bottom