Internal pip?

oinkpiggieoink

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 11, 2013
It is day 20 and I am soooo worried. I hear no peeping and my little guy has not wiggled or anything! :( on day 18 I candled and they looked fine, but they were not moving that day either. I have already been told not to worry about that though.

I think you had your temp a little low or maybe a draft
either way you might give one more day and maybe
open one to check out what is going on inside tomorrow
evening and see if it is time to clean out the brooder
and start over again ..........

gander007
old.gif

Not yet but my mother reminded me that I lost my chart so I might be a day or even 2 ahead of myself, because I looked inside and there is still no sign of them quitting on me. So I will give them another day and hopefully they give me somethin'

If it looks like they are still alive when candled then give them some more time! Even if you didn't misremember the set time there are other factors that can make them hatch late.

I'm having the same problem. I'm only on day 20 though. All my chicks I have ever incubated have always been out by this point. There is 6 in the incubator and 0 hatching. I candled two eggs that I had seen moving a couple of days ago and they are still alive and Internally pipped. I can see one chick clearly opening and closing it's beak but no sound. I'm too scared to help them out bc I just don't know what I'm doing. I also don't want to go through all the stress I know it will bring me. I guess I am stressing anyways...I think I may have messed up on humidity or the shells are too thick. The incubator was by the back door and I guess opening and closing that could be a factor as well.

I'm having the same problem. I'm only on day 20 though. All my chicks I have ever incubated have always been out by this point. There is 6 in the incubator and 0 hatching. I candled two eggs that I had seen moving a couple of days ago and they are still alive and Internally pipped. I can see one chick clearly opening and closing it's beak but no sound. I'm too scared to help them out bc I just don't know what I'm doing. I also don't want to go through all the stress I know it will bring me. I guess I am stressing anyways...I think I may have messed up on humidity or the shells are too thick. The incubator was by the back door and I guess opening and closing that could be a factor as well.
If they have internally pipped and you can see them breathing, then give them some time to do their thing. When they pip into the aircell their lungs have to learn how to breath. Some of them can whip right through this, but others it may take quite some time before they are ready to pip the shell.
Do you hatch bantams? They can hatch anywhere from day 18 on. If you've been hatching LF and they consistently hatch a day or so early, then that is a sign that your incubation temps are just a smidge high. If you had the bator by a door where it is exposed to cold drafts, that could make them hatch later, yes.

This really helps me me. I have been so stressed watching this little guy, but reading all these replies made me remember al the kids running in and out of the house letting the cold breeze in maybe that is making them be late.

Mine are RIR, Wyandotte, Buff Orpington's, Barred Rocks and Australorp crossed with a RIR roo. I hope they hatch, I have their little brooder all set up and ready. It's all I want for Christmas;) I'm using a cheap little giant incubator and I'm about sick of the constant temperature monitoring and bad humidity control. I'm getting a

Back
Top Bottom