International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Pullets pen
B365F615-9B74-4B83-8B07-588DB5E7FB7D.jpeg

Chooks man

in difficult years to come many breeds might go extinct. that's why I will keep more breeds (as well as a few friends of mine) so that we preserve them. we are trying to keep different breeds from each other so that we preserve as many breeds as possible. I am worried how to keep them safe when city people leave cities and start stealing animals. I believe it might happen soon. I am considering to keep a pair of wild boars at the far corner of my property. do you think that would stop them?
Unfortunately this might happen all over Europe and even around the world. We have our big dogs. would the boars protect the perimeter? Can you train them? Will they root up your trees and shrubs? Greece has had its share of tragedy in the last century, I hope you weather the next storm well.

in difficult years to come many breeds might go extinct. that's why I will keep more breeds (as well as a few friends of mine) so that we preserve them. we are trying to keep different breeds from each other so that we preserve as many breeds as possible. I am worried how to keep them safe when city people leave cities and start stealing animals. I believe it might happen soon. I am considering to keep a pair of wild boars at the far corner of my property. do you think that would stop them?
Good Gard dog will do a job . I have 5 acres fenced all away around and it is well guarded by my 2 German shepherd cross . My dogs are not house dog they are outside all the time . My 2 white dog guard this chooks and my shepherd guard the property . No body can come close to the fence .
In my new property up north because it is a large acreage I m getting 2 Belgium Malinois dogs ( Belgium shepherd ) hey are better dogs I think.
Chooks man

Unfortunately this might happen all over Europe and even around the world. We have our big dogs. would the boars protect the perimeter? Can you train them? Will they root up your trees and shrubs? Greece has had its share of tragedy in the last century, I hope you weather the next storm well.

I can fence the far back of my property where I have no trees. people usually don't go near wild boars.

Good Gard dog will do a job . I have 5 acres fenced all away around and it is well guarded by my 2 German shepherd cross . My dogs are not house dog they are outside all the time . My 2 white dog guard this chooks and my shepherd guard the property . No body can come close to the fence .
In my new property up north because it is a large acreage I m getting 2 Belgium Malinois dogs ( Belgium shepherd ) hey are better dogs I think.
Chooks man

my 2 german shepherd girls will guard house and the front yard. I don't trust them with chickens.

6D587EE4-32E3-4ADC-B4F1-A6C1B9DF4BD0.jpeg

Love this splash copper young hen 20 month old . She is Khabib s daughter . She has a gorgeous comb like him . She will help me to fix a BLC lines combs.She will be paired to BC rooster Copper Nile . He has a gorgeous comb too. Will expect a correct BLC progeny from them . We have to wait till I move to my new place .
Chooks man

78DF7AD3-7E50-4173-8C50-39474A4E9D31.jpeg

Sister to the one I just posted Khabib s daughter big girl with a correct body type and comb . Not as nice as the the pullet . What I don t like about her is the loose feather ( fluffy type ) at the base of her tail . She has a long flat back but that fluff make it look shorter . She will be mated to a rooster free from any type of fluff . This guy will be good for her . He is BC so they will produce BLC .
89F00374-1E74-49B5-A719-98663DB38DEF.jpeg

This pai will balance each other out .
She is big with a correct comb , he is free from any loose feathers .
I m always trying to balance the pairing , even if I allow chooks with faults to be bred from .
Chooks man

Back
Top Bottom