International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

1670057971900.png

@knoturavggrl .you pullet is absolutley sublime , great photo too .
thank you for sharing with us .
this pullet has all the great traits so far for her age ,. love her complete hackle marking and the quality of the her copper .
let her do more growing and we see how she matures ,we need to see the type of comb she will have and the eggs she will lay plus her mass ( how heavy she will be .)
love her black under fluff pure black .
chooks man

1670058342879.png

@knoturavggrl your cockerel has a correct body type ,he still too young to tell properly ,but he is showing great quality for his age .long flat back ,deep chest ,creat quality copper , great stance . we need to let him mature so we can see how his tail will turn up and body colour .. I like his plumage type free from fluffiness . pure black too .. great feet well feathered without too much access .
chooks man

I post awhile back these are my 2 FBCM’s from Alchemists Farm they are now 17 weeks here is an update:
Brownie my pullet looks much the same just bigger:
View attachment 3339595
View attachment 3339596
And then I have Oreo a gangly teen still but promising I hope. Temperament wise I couldn’t ask for more. No aggression to me, the kids, or the pullets.
View attachment 3339598
View attachment 3339600
View attachment 3339601

I am hoping to gain some insight from those with an experienced eye to see if you folks think I could/should responsibly hatch from this pair. I am rather fond of this breed out of all of the breeds I received. I love their look and most of all their level headedness.

Thank you 😊
thank you for sharing with us ,your BCM are stunning .I commented on them separately ,
the question about if you can breed from them is complex ,if they come from the same breeders and they are ful brother and sister that will be hard . but they are half brother and sister than you can breeed from them without any problem ,
you can ask the breeders if they are related or not?.if they have a same father but different mothers ?
I really like them .let them do more growing .and please keep posting and keep us up datted about they progress .we love to see marans photos .
chooks man

thank you for sharing with us ,your BCM are stunning .I commented on them separately ,
the question about if you can breed from them is complex ,if they come from the same breeders and they are ful brother and sister that will be hard . but they are half brother and sister than you can breeed from them without any problem ,
you can ask the breeders if they are related or not?.if they have a same father but different mothers ?
I really like them .let them do more growing .and please keep posting and keep us up datted about they progress .we love to see marans photos .
chooks man
Alchemist Farms is on their winter break but Ill ask once they gear up again :) Francesca is fairly good about answering emails so I should be able to get an answer in the spring. They are a large enough its quite possible they are not directly related to each other. Good question I did not think to considered thank you for that. Their lines should generally produce level 6 or darker eggs, I am excited to see what see lays and Ill certainly post pictures of them once she get the egg paint factory up and running 😂

I am glad to hear they both still have promise :) I will update here this spring.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give me your assessment!

wow man it is a big problem ,hope you will recover well and fast from it .
sorry to hear that and sorry I can t help you ,you are so far away from me different continent . if you where in Oz I will sent you some mature marans breeders chooks so you can restart faster .
chooks man
Your offer is appreciated, but sadly you are correct way to much water between us to be viable :)

So I have been busy working with quail this year. I only did one hatch with my FBCM have 5 Pullets and 5 cockerels. Here is a photo of one Pullet all the same bird. A cockerel can be seen in the background of one photo. I even forgot how old they are 🤦‍♂️ roughly 12-16weeks. Very happy to have 5 cockerels I was down to one Roo after culling so hard the year before. Really worried me if something happened to him.
5CA849A6-96E0-418A-BA7B-92D6BEE0C575.jpeg FEBB1BD2-FD80-4624-B3DE-4F2F9923F476.jpeg 762CF9BC-AF5E-412A-ACB6-DB6272B93616.jpeg D677EB70-2D33-4370-A5A3-029DB8B68F62.jpeg B09D4555-9B4D-43FF-962A-DCE6CD430679.jpeg 8B9DCF36-52D6-4073-BDEC-BB6783B79950.jpeg 53879410-534D-4DFF-96BB-699FD87025EE.jpeg

So I have been busy working with quail this year. I only did one hatch with my FBCM have 5 Pullets and 5 cockerels. Here is a photo of one Pullet all the same bird. A cockerel can be seen in the background of one photo. I even forgot how old they are 🤦‍♂️ roughly 12-16weeks. Very happy to have 5 cockerels I was down to one Roo after culling so hard the year before. Really worried me if something happened to him.
View attachment 3340544View attachment 3340545View attachment 3340546View attachment 3340547View attachment 3340549View attachment 3340550View attachment 3340551
they are very nice looking BCM pullets .correct long body type with a long flat back and lovely small tails .love they hackle marking and the quality of the copper .. they have a stunning deep chest .the way they should be . love to see them fully grown up and what type of eggs they will lay .
the cockerel I can no see much to comment on him .
it is always nice to have many cockerels so you can select the best one . I always keep many cockerels from any variety to be safe .
chooks man

1670230041035.png

@RoosterML
this pullet is absolutely sublime ,perfect body shape and hackle marking .if the other pullets ( her sisters ) look like her than you have bred great marans . your breeders are first class if they keep throwing pullets like this one .Bravo
please post more photos of the other pullets I m really curious now I need to see them .Thank you
chooks man

Chooksman, I was going to try to get pictures of individual birds soon. We are supposed to have snow and cold the next couple of weeks. It might be a while. I am ready for spring!
Take your time . Keep your self worm in this winter . Luck me it is summer down here . Hot with a lot of rain .
Chooks man

Back
Top Bottom