International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

that rooster is a great one to add color to the black hens progeny.

he will great over a black hens and well marked hens with black chest .

I ll not use him over hens with a spotted chest.over colored progeny.

that a problem with a Black copper we need to balance the 2 main colors Black and copper . the balance is the key.

That why I insist there is a difference between a show chook and a Breeder chook . they have different purposes in life.

Show bird is based on his/her look by him/her self

breeder bird need a partner to create a balance = future progeny

chooks man
For now I will concentrate on Breeder chook. I understand that better than showing. It makes perfect sense.... you could have a show bird that was just a fluke, even the first generation from a total outcross, doesn't mean he can reproduce himself.

Last edited:
Chickengr .

Very good for the chooks . I ll give t to all my animal .

chooks man

her a mixture i make for them every 3 month ( 4 time a year )

so it is a mixture of chooks much plus Cod liver oil + dog food + mixed mineral + Diatom Earth .that will keep them happy and healthy .

chooks man

God liver oil .rich in vitamins .
I ll give them in they water one a week.

very good for worming .

chooks man
I give them home made vinegar and fresh garlic. unfortunately diatomaceous earth here is too expensive, cost more than my electricity bill filled up with a bunch of taxes. I still didn't find out if anyone sells it cheaper.

I also don't know if anyone sells cod liver oil in that package. I will look for that. I give them my capsules from time to time.

can you give me a recipe, I am interested to make feed myself.

that rooster is a great one to add color to the black hens progeny.

he will great over a black hens and well marked hens with black chest .

I ll not use him over hens with a spotted chest.over colored progeny.

that a problem with a Black copper we need to balance the 2 main colors Black and copper . the balance is the key.

That why I insist there is a difference between a show chook and a Breeder chook . they have different purposes in life.

Show bird is based on his/her look by him/her self

breeder bird need a partner to create a balance = future progeny

chooks man

This was so perfect. You explained breeding in a way that just clicked for me. You're a very impressive person, a very full life you are living! Where are you originally from?

here the recipe ;this is to feed 100 adult chooks in one day .No feed is giving to them the night before they went to sleep .So they are hungry in the morning. they will eat they medicated feed in one go. the rest of the day they forage free .no more food is giving to them .

20 Kg of chooks feed ( layer much at 17 % protein OR mixed grain soaked in water for over night. so is nice and soft in the morning.
200 g Diatomaceous earth.
4 kg dog or cat food high protein
200 g rock minerals .
Kelp
God liver oil 500 ml.

all mixed together very well and given to them in one go in the morning .

they go crazy for t , they finish t in half hour.nothing is giving to them after that for the rest of the day tell tomorrow morning.

I give t to my dogs too

chooks man

This was so perfect. You explained breeding in a way that just clicked for me. You're a very impressive person, a very full life you are living! Where are you originally from?

Breeding is technique not magic .
I was lucky enough to be around a good breeders from a young age , my mam was one of them .

I use to clean and look after her little chicks and duckling for exchange of feed for my pigeons and to show me how to breed them. I did not have a money when I was young to by a feed for them.I was 6 when i started working for mam. 2 years after I bred enough good looking pigeon to sale and support my project.

Some thing I liked since the early years of my life and I never lost the interest .

I m fascinated about how the creatures in this planet are put together ,genetically . the low of nature.

She is a Basque woman my Father was from Portugal . I was born in Spain but left very young

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom