International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

here the recipe ;this is to feed 100 adult chooks in one day .No feed is giving to them the night before they went to sleep .So they are hungry in the morning. they will eat they medicated feed in one go. the rest of the day they forage free .no more food is giving to them .

20 Kg of chooks feed ( layer much at 17 % protein OR mixed grain soaked in water for over night. so is nice and soft in the morning.
200 g Diatomaceous earth.
4 kg dog or cat food high protein
200 g rock minerals .
Kelp
God liver oil 500 ml.

all mixed together very well and given to them in one go in the morning .

they go crazy for t , they finish t in half hour.nothing is giving to them after that for the rest of the day tell tomorrow morning.

I give t to my dogs too

chooks man

thank you.

I will see what I can find of the ingredients (no kelp for sure). I don't need to starve my chickens, they are big eaters. they would finish it in 5 minutes, lol.is there any other reason not to feed them the night before?

what do you think about zeolite?

Breeding is technique not magic .
I was lucky enough to be around a good breeders from a young age , my mam was one of them .

I use to clean and look after her little chicks and duckling for exchange of feed for my pigeons and to show me how to breed them. I did not have a money when I was young to by a feed for them.I was 6 when i started working for mam. 2 years after I bred enough good looking pigeon to sale and support my project.

Some thing I liked since the early years of my life and I never lost the interest .

I m fascinated about how the creatures in this planet are put together ,genetically . the low of nature.

She is a Basque woman my Father was from Portugal . I was born in Spain but left very young

chooks man

incredible! I think you were the youngest breeder on the planet.

how nice it must have been to grow up with animals and/or in a country. I feel like handicapped. when I started to grow my vegetable garden a few years ago I learned so much about life, but too late. I think I lived almost all my life like a robot not human being. the best thing I have never done in my life was to buy this little property on the island and got my precious chickens.

Okay so just wanted to share some pics of my oldest group. The parents of this group are a mixture of two bloodlines, Bev Davis and Little Peddler. There are 3 roos I will get to choose from in this group. They were born 5/13/16.

1st roo: hatched from #5 colored egg, has some middle toe feathering. And yes he is on my counter. Had to bring him in to put a bigger zip tie on him. :)

Roo #2: hatched from #4 colored egg, may mature out to have too much copper in chest, holds his tail wierd sometimes (possible wry tail).

(He is the roo in the middle with the most copper on his back)

Roo #3: hatched from #4 egg, hard to get good pics of, shy.

A couple of my pullets from this group:

Feel free to tel me what yall think of them so far! :D

Last edited:
Hi EVERY ONE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD .

I WANT TO UP DATE THE REASON OF THE EXISTENCE OF THIS INTERNATIONAL BLACK COPPER MARANS.

MARANS CHOOKS ARE A FRENCH BREED AND WELL ESTABLISHED .WITH A WELL DEFINE AND CLEAR STANDARD .

THE FRENCH STANDARD IS THE ONE WE ARE DISCUSSING HERE.

I M MAKING T CLEAR . WE ARE DISCUSSING THE ORIGINAL STANDARD NOT COPIES .

AND I M NOT TELLING YOU GUY WHATEVER COUNTRY YOU ARE FROM TO FOLLOW THE FRENCH STANDARD . DO WHAT YOU WANT .

BUT

MARANS CHOOKS ARE FRENCH AND THEY ARE GOING TO STAY FRENCH BELONGING TO THEY ORIGINAL STANDARD .

PEOPLE ARE FREE TO BREED THEY CHOOKS TO WHATEVER STANDARD THEY LIKE >

BUT .

THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO IMPOSE THEY STANDARD OVER THE ORIGINAL DOES NOT MAKE SENSE .

THEY SHOULD CREATE THEY OWN BREED NOT NICKING SOME BODY ESTABLISHED WORK.

TO LET EVERY BODY KNOW .

THE ENGLISH MARANS ARE NOT CONSIDERED MARANS BY THE EUROPEAN UNION .

THEY ARE ENGLISH BREED HO LAY DARK EGGS < CALLED MARANS > BUT THEY ARE NOT MARANS . FULL STOP.

PEOPLE ARE FREE > PEOPLE ARE FREE >PEOPLE ARE FREE

THANK YOU ALL >

SO WE ARE CLEAR WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT

GREAT DAY OR NIGHT TO EVERY BODY .

Chooks man

Hi EVERY ONE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD .

I WANT TO UP DATE THE REASON OF THE EXISTENCE OF THIS INTERNATIONAL BLACK COPPER MARANS.

MARANS CHOOKS ARE A FRENCH BREED AND WELL ESTABLISHED .WITH A WELL DEFINE AND CLEAR STANDARD .

THE FRENCH STANDARD IS THE ONE WE ARE DISCUSSING HERE.

I M MAKING T CLEAR . WE ARE DISCUSSING THE ORIGINAL STANDARD NOT COPIES .

AND I M NOT TELLING YOU GUY WHATEVER COUNTRY YOU ARE FROM TO FOLLOW THE FRENCH STANDARD . DO WHAT YOU WANT .

BUT

MARANS CHOOKS ARE FRENCH AND THEY ARE GOING TO STAY FRENCH BELONGING TO THEY ORIGINAL STANDARD .

PEOPLE ARE FREE TO BREED THEY CHOOKS TO WHATEVER STANDARD THEY LIKE >

BUT .

THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO IMPOSE THEY STANDARD OVER THE ORIGINAL DOES NOT MAKE SENSE .

THEY SHOULD CREATE THEY OWN BREED NOT NICKING SOME BODY ESTABLISHED WORK.

TO LET EVERY BODY KNOW .

THE ENGLISH MARANS ARE NOT CONSIDERED MARANS BY THE EUROPEAN UNION .

THEY ARE ENGLISH BREED HO LAY DARK EGGS < CALLED MARANS > BUT THEY ARE NOT MARANS . FULL STOP.

PEOPLE ARE FREE > PEOPLE ARE FREE >PEOPLE ARE FREE

THANK YOU ALL >

SO WE ARE CLEAR WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT

GREAT DAY OR NIGHT TO EVERY BODY .

Chooks man

unfortunately the new world's order messed up with people so what can we expect for the poor animals?

I am totally with you, marans are a french breed with the french standard. whoever mixes other breeds with them should name them differently, or if they want marans based but not marans.

Type wise she is on the money.

great mass.
long and wide body.
long and flat back
nice tail good form and Angle .
nice wide and deep chest.
nice coppery hackle.
nice shanks medium long and well feathered .nice color too.
wing well held close to the body

Fault = a little fluffy at rear and around thigh . easy fix NOT a huge problem

my problem with here is a black fluff on her face .it isn t normal . marans hen should have a nice face free from fluff or excess down feathers.

it is not just a melanization is a black fluff like the Ameraucama but not well express .

I have a wheaten hen like her .don t know where did come from ( people added to the marans other breed )

We see the Atavistic return of the recessive gene.

you are alright about the laying trait from the width between her thigh .

chooks man
Thanks Chooks man. Sorry for the delayed reply, I will try to get a pic up close of her face tomorrow. I wonder if it's something that she might grow out of since she's still growing or if itll be there still after she matures.

LL
cockerel 1 ;
great type.
good head ,nice and solid.
good mass
nice hackle. solid and strong ,curved at the top.
nice long back well flat and nicely tailed .
good tail form and Angle a little big but it is not a problem or fault
deep chest
solid and strait legs
well feathered shanks
rear well balanced and wide , tail forming a nice pyramid form . great.
great eyes color
nice comb but not well formed at the end . let see when he mature
eras tuft lighter color ( good not black ) will change to a good copper wen matured

only the thing worry me about him .he s late to color up .let wait a couple more month .

He s a Keeper forsure

Chooks man

LL
cockerel 2;

bad photos hard to see a type.

I like his copper color ,well marked chest .great hackle
nice head , good colored eyes
nice comb.

tail no happy about the way he s holding t.

need a better photos

chooks man

LL
cockerel 3;
good type a little taller and square body shape

loose feathers

too much feathers on the shank

too much black no much copper..

Maybe just a bad photos of him

need photos like cockerel 1 . good stand .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom