Introducing the NEW Girls ...

Maybe you need just one more chicken?
big_smile.png
Then your little BR could have a cuddle friend?

Quote:
They have a very nice warm little brooder heat lamp and all but not needed. They are great this AM and out in the coop eating and drinking and chirping. I was in the coop with them for over an hour loving and petting them. I am spending every morning with them for an hour then in the afternoon I just sit playing only with Blondie and any of them that come to me and in the afternoon I feed treats.

Fabulous! We celebrated our 19th this August and jealousy is a thing of the past except...maybe when he spends ALL weekend on his saltwater tanks! At least now I have a time-consuming chicken hobby (in addition to 3 golden retrievers and gardening) to occupy my time!

I was reading another post and they had a swing in their run...so just scrounged around and came up with the materials and in 1/2 hr my little girls now have 2 swings in their run! Going to pick up some more hooks and add one in the big girls run tomorrow! I just LOVE this "hobby"!

Quote:
Married 30 years and at this point we are not jealous of anything LOL
hmm.png

So funny! You're lucky! My husband IS getting jealous of my girls, but only because I haven't been timely with dinners ...(he claims I've only been cooking for the chickens, lately!)
When I get home from work, the first thing I do is go out back to the girls! (Now that the days are shortening, I have less time with them before they go into the coop
hit.gif
)
First thing in the morning, it's prepare their breakfast treat-- mashed egg, oatmeal and/or yogurt--let them into the run and watch them while I sip my coffee, until it's time to get ready for work.
I've also been coming home on my lunch hour and spending some time with them!
Just a little obsessed with my babies!
yippiechickie.gif

Looking forward to a whole weekend of chicken TV!!
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom