Iridescent feathers

I was just looking and one of my sexlink males has some nice purple iridescence on his wings. Obviously not nearly that much though. Not sure who he got it from, his dad doesn't have any and I don't think his mom's breed does

I was just looking and one of my sexlink males has some nice purple iridescence on his wings. Obviously not nearly that much though. Not sure who he got it from, his dad doesn't have any and I don't think his mom's breed does
I think purple can crop up in any black area in any breed just like blue can. It can either be genetic or sue to stress but if it’s stress it will be in purple bars across individual feathers and not the whole feather. If it’s genetic you can use those birds to breed for it and intensify it.

I'm going to try and get more iridescent out of my wheaten serama
fotor_2023-4-29_15_38_4.png
20230422_123729.jpg

I'm going to try and get more iridescent out of my wheaten serama View attachment 3487406View attachment 3487411
Looks like he’s got a good bit. Hard to tell exactly with that lighting. I like to see video in full sunlight and also on an overcast day. That usually gives you a pretty good range. Messing with the saturation doesn’t give an accurate representation.

Looks like he’s got a good bit. Hard to tell exactly with that lighting. I like to see video in full sunlight and also on an overcast day. That usually gives you a pretty good range. Messing with the saturation doesn’t give an accurate representation.

Looks like he’s got a good bit. Hard to tell exactly with that lighting. I like to see video in full sunlight and also on an overcast day. That usually gives you a pretty good range. Messing with the saturation doesn’t give an accurate representation

He walks in and out of the light in this one.

Out side in full sun.

20230424_174116_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom