Thechickentrainer1999

Songster
5 Years
Jul 30, 2018
North Carolina
I have an almost 3 year old buff orpington hen who's left eye has all of a sudden changed. She acts normal, looks overall healthy but I'm not sure why it has changed. The pupil is slightly irregular shaped while the eye is a lighter color. The other eye is completely normal. She's lived with the same flock with no new added chickens for a year. What do you think it is?
Affected eye:
20200414_191941.jpg

Non affected eye:
20200414_191934.jpg

Sometimes Mareks disease (ocular type) can cause the iris to become paler and grey, change the shape of the pupil, which can cause pinpoint pupil. The eye color in the right side looks pale as well. Does she seem to be able to see to get around and if you place a bowl of her favorite treat in front of her?

Sometimes Mareks disease (ocular type) can cause the iris to become paler and grey, change the shape of the pupil, which can cause pinpoint pupil. The eye color in the right side looks pale as well. Does she seem to be able to see to get around and if you place a bowl of her favorite treat in front of her?
She seems to see perfectly fine with that eye though. Also I thought mareks disease showed in both eyes.

Back
Top Bottom