Irresponsible neighbor and his roaming chickens

I'm guessing the OP has decided that this is not a friendly place to be and has moved on to better things in life.

Perhaps, but after 1 post by OP, followed by 23 responses by BYC peeps (most positive/supportive/helpful) they replied with extreme "hurt" feelings (aka "oversensitive") without responding to or liking any helpful posts. Their only other post was to lash out in a very indignant way.

Could this have been that "irresponsible chicken owner" and just wanted to see how other chicken owners would react?

Hmmm.... certainly food for thought.

I just want to clarify a couple things, then I will shut up. My observation was in response to a post that has since been deleted.

Also, I did make a post before that one that was a valid suggestion to seek legal help from the lawyer they used the first time this "neighbor in question" tried to sue them.

Lastly, if I were called out for not liking or responding to posts I would go out of my way to disprove that; I would like every post on the topic and thank anyone who tried to help me. I realize not everyone responds the same, but if someone takes the time to try and help me I take the time to show appreciation.

I just want to clarify a couple things, then I will shut up. My observation was in response to a post that has since been deleted.

Also, I did make a post before that one that was a valid suggestion to seek legal help from the lawyer they used the first time this "neighbor in question" tried to sue them.

Lastly, if I were called out for not liking or responding to posts I would go out of my way to disprove that; I would like every post on the topic and thank anyone who tried to help me. I realize not everyone responds the same, but if someone takes the time to try and help me I take the time to show appreciation.

Is it possible that the OP was an older person who simply did not know how a forum works? My DH is quite computer illiterate. He would have no idea what the "like" & "quote" buttons were for. He also wouldn't understand online forum etiquette. He literally would not know that he was SUPPOSED to "like" a reply in order to show appreciation for the replier's comment. He might be able to figure out how to post a comment, but that's it. He certainly wouldn't know forum etiquette.

I've been following this thread, and to me, it seems like the OP really did have a question, and managed to post it. He then got called a troll for not immediately responding (again, my DH would be the sort to take days to get back to responding, due to long hours at work, and being tired, and not understand forum etiquette.)

The OP was probably a super-sensitive sort, as others have suggested, and after being called a troll, he got mad, and then simply walked away and decided that internet forums were not the place he wanted to be (something someone who wasn't fully computer literate would do...they don't like the computer and online forums to begin with, so they will be quick to leave if anything disturbing happens).

Anyway, just my humble opinion.

Is it possible that the OP was an older person who simply did not know how a forum works? My DH is quite computer illiterate. He would have no idea what the "like" & "quote" buttons were for. He also wouldn't understand online forum etiquette. He literally would not know that he was SUPPOSED to "like" a reply in order to show appreciation for the replier's comment. He might be able to figure out how to post a comment, but that's it. He certainly wouldn't know forum etiquette.

I've been following this thread, and to me, it seems like the OP really did have a question, and managed to post it. He then got called a troll for not immediately responding (again, my DH would be the sort to take days to get back to responding, due to long hours at work, and being tired, and not understand forum etiquette.)

The OP was probably a super-sensitive sort, as others have suggested, and after being called a troll, he got mad, and then simply walked away and decided that internet forums were not the place he wanted to be (something someone who wasn't fully computer literate would do...they don't like the computer and online forums to begin with, so they will be quick to leave if anything disturbing happens).

Anyway, just my humble opinion.
OP stated they have children to take care of.

Sad really. Someone asked for help and a lot of help/support was offered. Then a lot of attacks and insulting remarks. I offered a suggestion. I don't care if it's liked or not. Matters not to me. It was offered that's all. Doubtful that there is any real forum etiquette that says the OP has to go through and *like* anything. Maybe, as someone suggested, they are new to this and do not think of it. ... You know how chickens are, really evil things when you think of it. One starts picking and, before you know it, the rest jump in and start tearing in too. Before you know it, you've got a dead bird.

Sad really. Someone asked for help and a lot of help/support was offered. Then a lot of attacks and insulting remarks. I offered a suggestion. I don't care if it's liked or not. Matters not to me. It was offered that's all. Doubtful that there is any real forum etiquette that says the OP has to go through and *like* anything. Maybe, as someone suggested, they are new to this and do not think of it. ... You know how chickens are, really evil things when you think of it. One starts picking and, before you know it, the rest jump in and start tearing in too. Before you know it, you've got a dead bird.

Totally off-topic, but I love your Squishable icon. :)

You can also take them a few at a time to your local animal shelter and say you keep finding feral chickens in your yard.
That is not a bad idea. My wife suggested we do something similar for a neighbor’s dog that came over repeatedly. Let the neighbor pay the pound a fee every time.

Our neighbor was decent though and fixed their fence so it never came to that.

You need to just tell the neighbor to keep his chickens out of your yard or you will. I've never heard of a law anywhere where it is your responsibilty to keep others animals out. The law is on your side.
I have a neighbor like yours. Our dogs got out a time or two and he was putting copies of the local leash laws in our fence but his cats were free to roam. After we got chickens I trapped one of his cats in our chicken yard. He was mad when I took the cat to him in the trap unharmed. So I calmly explained that I would no longer trap his cats. Only one blast with a shotgun into the air and he keeps his cats close to home.

Back
Top Bottom