Is anyone on here South Beaching?

Got busy so I'm just now eating my salad. Romaine lettuce, peppers (mini bell- red, yellow, orange), tomatoes (still getting some from my garden
smile.png
), grilled chicken tenderloins (2) & blue cheese dressing (2 TBS) - YUMMY! - with plain water.

I'm on a modified Adkins lifestyle. Since Sept. 17th, I have lost 30 lbs. I'm so excited. I fill my body with healthy protein and no carbs. It's great because I don't go hungry.

Today is day 3 and I think I've survived the sugar cravings... which made me grumpy as all get out yesterday... but getting on the scale this morning and seeing a 4.2lb LOSS made me my mood much better!
wee.gif

I just had the big "D" discussion with my doctor. Here are her words of wisdom...
Realistically you should expect to lose 2-3 lbs a month. If you lose big quantities of weight quickly there is a strong chance that it will come back eventually. Two to three pounds a month is weight that will stay off long term.
Every 6 pounds of weight you lose drops your BMI (body mass index) by one point. That's a good thing. Instead of looking at the kazillion pounds you need to lose, think in 6 pounds increments. Six pounds is completely doable.
It's all about changing lifestyle and eating habits. I confess I am a lazy eater. I hate to cook and generally just eat what is easy to prepare. None of that is good for me. So my goal is to start paying attention (as dumb as that sounds). She also recommended writing down everything that geos in my mouth. She said most of us conveniently forget some stuff we eat, so it's easy to rationalize eating more every day.

Hope some of this helps!

Dangerous mentioned the hair loss with dieting. I too had the gastric by pass on Oct 8, 2007. I was so sick with it that they had to reverse it on Jan 30, 2008. I am glad to hear you are doing good on it Dangerous. I actually lost more weight before and after than during. I lost 157 #'s in a year. I have held that weight for 4 months now. I just started losing again. All weight loss reaches a stand still just hang in and it will start to leave again. If they leave my meds alone I can keep the weight off.

Back to the hair loss. My neice had cancer and when she had the cemo they told her to start taking a vit call Hair, Skin & Nails. This vit is found at Walmart for under $7. here. That is for 120 vits, I take 2 a day in the morning my hair loss quit and my hair grew back, my skin is not dry and flaky anymore and my nails grow fast and do not break. Hope this helps someone. This vit is in a purpley/pink box just in case you are looking for it.

Edited to add. Good job congratulations and keep up the great work. I always notice the first weight loss in my shoes LOL

Last edited:
I gained weight due to having thyroid issues. I'm taking thyroid meds now (1/2 grain of Armour daily) and can join the land of the living again (really, I was so bad I had trouble thinking and moving around for a while!) but I think it will take a while to lose the weight.

Anything processed -- meaning I haven't prepared it myself -- is highly suspect to me. It's a pain, but it's true. You never know what is in prepared foods these days that will mess you up: hydrogenated oils, corn products, soybean products, and artificial sweeteners all add bulk and calories to an item at low cost to the processor, but with bad results for you.

Eat fresh and local and much as possible, and that will help tremendously.

I drink soda only as a treat and maybe once a month. Otherwise it's plain old water, tea, or coffee for me. No sweetener, but I'll add some goat milk (if I can get it) to black tea.

It takes a couple weeks to wean yourself off the sweetened drinks and highly processed foods, but once you do you won't like them anymore and will instead find yourself craving fresh, wholesome foods.

I don't sweeteners completely out of my diet. I will add agave necter, honey, and real sugar (in that order of preference) to baked goods, etc. if necessary. I'm lucky because I've never had a really bad sweet tooth.

This was yesterday's lunch. Baby spinach, a tomato from my garden (frost finally did it in last night
sad.png
), mushroom, 2 boiled eggs from my BA hen, 2 tbs Blue Cheese dressings and pepper. It was very good!
smile.png

2985853481_a6993d9164.jpg

While I OUGHT to diet, I'm currently not able to add to my stress levels. However, I find I naturally eat ssouth beach style or zone style, mostly due to my mood swings getting out of control on a more refined carb centered diet. My body likes me on a high animal protein diet, very different from the carb centered vegetarian diet I was on mosst of my adult life. That's a big part of why I'm raising chickens.

I just picked up truvia and was scared to try it, due to bad experiences w/ stevia in the past I REALLY want to love it, but never do. What does it taste like?

Back
Top Bottom