Is He A "Pure" Cuckoo Maran?

cluckingheck

i wanna be a cowboy, baby ( HELL YEAH )
Jun 15, 2020
TyCo, West Virginia
i like to preface this by saying it was not my plan to have a cuckoo maran, haha. i quickly learned that the hatchery TSC gets their chicks from are really bad at keeping them separated when i ended up with a BR/RIR mix & a cuckoo maran when i wanted/bought 4 Barred Plymouth Rocks. Not to mention, 2 crosses out of the 6 Black Australorps I got at the same time. Though, my question is this: is Rex a 100% cuckoo maran or is he a cross as well? I am not familiar with the breed and I wasn't sure if they were supposed to have the iridescent green feathers or not.
IMG_4337.JPG
IMG_4278.JPG

i like to preface this by saying it was not my plan to have a cuckoo maran, haha. i quickly learned that the hatchery TSC gets their chicks from are really bad at keeping them separated when i ended up with a BR/RIR mix & a cuckoo maran when i wanted/bought 4 Barred Plymouth Rocks. Not to mention, 2 crosses out of the 6 Black Australorps I got at the same time. Though, my question is this: is Rex a 100% cuckoo maran or is he a cross as well? I am not familiar with the breed and I wasn't sure if they were supposed to have the iridescent green feathers or not.
View attachment 2352874 View attachment 2352875
He looks full Cuckoo Maran to me. I have a hen and he looks like her but rooster Version! Lol

Back
Top Bottom