Is it bad to Streighten your Hair?

Quote:
thats a myth also.....

lol thats what i was getting at. i was adding to yours!
gig.gif

Quote:
you lose so much hair in one day regardless of what you do to it that its not even fathomable. the average person loses between 50 and 100 hairs per day. It would make sense that these would come out after you brush, as the teth of your brush would be weeding them out

I've got naturally curly hair, and if I don't straighten it.. I lose more hair throughout the day.
roll.png

Quote:
you lose so much hair in one day regardless of what you do to it that its not even fathomable. the average person loses between 50 and 100 hairs per day. It would make sense that these would come out after you brush, as the teth of your brush would be weeding them out

I've got naturally curly hair, and if I don't straighten it.. I lose more hair throughout the day.
roll.png

LOL, i wouldnt know the feeling because i have extremely straight hair that will not hold a curl at all. guess we always want what we cant have!

Quote:
roll.png

LOL, i wouldnt know the feeling because i have extremely straight hair that will not hold a curl at all. guess we always want what we cant have!

Yeah. I'm actually planning on going to get it permed straight. Then at least if it decides to go a little wavy I don't have to spend almost two hours (long and thick hair) straightening it.

Quote:

Yeah. I'm actually planning on going to get it permed straight. Then at least if it decides to go a little wavy I don't have to spend almost two hours (long and thick hair) straightening it.

Omg, Can you seriously get a Streight perm?

I don't think it's a myth at all. It really depends on your hair. My hair WOULD get brittle and break off if I straightened it every day. But I have extremely fine delicate hair. Plus it's already straight.
big_smile.png
I can't curl it, though. THe curl falls out in like 15 min. I must not have enough sulfur in my hair to bond the curls.

Depends on how hot the straightening iron is. It can be damaging, and tends to be if used too often. But if you have the length of hair you like and don't want to grow it out longer, it's not a huge issue.

My hair is too crazy curly to straighten well, and too long to bother.

Quote:
I've got incredibly thin straight hair as well. I curl it on high everyday and hairspray the curl with mega super hold hairspray while I have the iron in. Then I rake a brush through that puppy. My hair is not brittle at all, and I just condition with regular thickening shampoo and conditioner every other day.

Back
Top Bottom