Is it common today to have super small roosters like these guys?

JohnnyHarkerHts

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 26, 2012
Below are a bunch of pictures of the duo.

I'm new to this, and I know the Seramas can get small, but I don't know how small.

These guys are the offspring of a Serama Rooster and a an English Game Hen.

Their dad weighs in at about 20 oz. and their Mom weighs in at about 12oz.

They're about 16 weeks old, but they haven't grown much in the last few weeks from what I can tell. Only their feathers have fluffed up a bit.

The bigger one is just under 9 oz and the smaller is about 8 oz. I used a gram scale thus the estimates.

As you can see they can both be held in one hand, and I'm a small guy, just 5'5".

Just thought I'd let that be known that I'm NOT someone 6'5" with giant hands who can hold a leghorn and make it look small LOL

The zipper pull behind their heads in a few pictures gives a good idea of just how small these killer roosters are.

They have a sister who is much smaller, and hatched the same time who only weighs in at 6oz. She looks completely different though. She has no comb, no wattles, or red skin these guys or both parents have. In fact she has no obvious signs she's actually a chicken that I can tell. She could easily be mistaken for some sort of plain brown, female songbird that is common in a lot of places.

Last edited:
They can be small. I've seen one about the size of a Cockatiel. He was full of attitude and had a squeaky crow.

I have a tiny cross bred bantam rooster. Don't know how much he weighs, but it's not much. He's really cute though, especially when he crows!

Back
Top Bottom