is it normal for a rooster after he gets into a fight to .............

birdman123

Songster
9 Years
Sep 18, 2010
woodsfield ohio
i have a columbian silkie rooster, and barred cochin bantam rooster, and buff sebright rooster, an easter egger rooster,and australorp rooster, andsome little chicks that im thinkin are roosters.
anyway when i got the silkie,cochin and sebright at the ohio national i took them back to my dads for a few days and they worked out that the silkie rooster was alpha roo, the cochin was beta roo and the sebright didnt really care, he was just happy with his girlfriend.
well i finally brought them back to my moms and they started fighting again and figured out that still the silkie rooster was alpha, cochin was beta, and sebright was still happy with his girl.
well the other day i let my black australorp roo out of his pen(hes penned up cos i have lots of little bantie hens and i dont want him mating with them) and as soon as he was within viewing range of the cochin roo the cochin roo started attackin the black australorp roo and the black australorp roo fought back. i broke it up because neither of them wanted to give up and i penned back up the black australorp.
well today i let him out again because i didnt see the cochin at the time so when i let him out the silkie roo saw him and went after him.. the black australorp roo ran from him and when he ran away the silkie roo started crowing, im guessing cos he thought he won.well i caught the black australrop roo and put him in the pen while i went inside.
when i went back out i let him back out he attacked the silkie and made the silkie do some backflips cos he hit him so hard.
well from the day i got him till today the silkie was always acting cocky cos he was alpha but since the blakc australorp beat him hes acting all droopy and sick lookin. i dont think he got hurt..no wounds but what is making him act this way????

P.S. sorry for the big long drawn out story , i can just tell a story better if i explain the whole thing.

Last edited:
anyone
idunno.gif

He's injured either physically or psychologically. Just like with bullies, the first time some get their butts kicked they cave. It is possible that he has some internal physical damage.

This sort of behavior prevents him from being attacked again by the dominant rooster until he's feeling better.

ok. i sure hope he dont haveanything internally wrong with him.
no i havent been flogged so i wouldnt know but i can still imagine.
how long do you think itll be till hes feeling better?

Droopy, I assume like his wings hanging down a bit. That indicates more than a submission gesture and should not be continued in absence of dominant bird. Chickens do heal rapidly. A couple days to a week should be adequate. A couple of my games got into it a month or so ago. Took a week for swelling around head and hand of wings to go down and another before full appetite and activity to resume. The impacts of flogging seem to result in bruising for both parties, kind of like bare knuckle punching.

Make certain your budy is drinking and eating well. If not, then damage more than bruising or psychological.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom