Is it really Pink?

I can understand slight shifts in color. Id also throw into the mix, hydration. When it's a nice spring or fall day, everyone is comfy and happy. When it's august in florida, everyone is hot and miserable and sweating like a pig, including ALL the animals!! You can give them water sure,but salts are being sweat out, along with other chemicals too id suspect. Plus it's a stress on the system.

A primary color don't change, ie a brown layer is not going to turn into a green layer, but a green layer might, lay slightly lighter shades at times due to outside forcces?? Not a significant lighter, ie an olive is not going to lay a light green, but I can see shading happening.

Also, speckles. I had one of mine fart an egg about a week ago, cute little thing and it was FULL of speckles. Maybe certain stresses that are not harmful, occasionally can help create things?

This all is so interesting, and the only way to check our 'theories' would be to well... breed them and see what comes out. To do it properly, that takes years and years!!

Tell ya what....if BYC promises to be here in 20 years, Ill do my darndest to do the experiments and post them here!!

Aaron

Pink and purples are a result of bloom over a tan or brown egg. Heavy bloom can also make green eggs look blue or grey. Not sure if its genetic but a friend has a hen that has a thick bloom and none of her daughters had it but granddaughters from her son did.

This is a pink from one of my hens who often lays "pink" eggs which are actually tan, shes a barnyard mix
FB_IMG_1613127565312.jpg FB_IMG_1613127589378.jpg

These are all from one olive egger hen (Marans over Araucana) the blue looking egg is actually olive like the others, laid right after I topped up their shell grit. She hasnt laid another like that since but it suggests it can be diet related such as high calcium.
FB_IMG_1618540947055.jpg

Back
Top Bottom