Is Meyer a good hatchery to order from?

chick peeps

Songster
5 Years
May 3, 2014
I just want to know what results people have gotten from Meyer Hatchery chicks. I am thinking of buying 15 chicks from their production pack of assortments. And does anyone know a cheap hatchery to order from? I live in Virginia so the shipping can't be much

We ordered 10 chicks from meyer hatchery. We picked them up in store they were clean, healthy, and lively. They are 2 weeks old now and doing great we have had no problems with them. We would definitely order from then again!

I got 4 chicks from Meyer hatchery 10 weeks ago. All four are very healthy. I live close to the hatchery so I just drove by and picked them up. I have no experience on shipping chicks.

I am in Virginia too, and got 9 chicks from Meyer 4 weeks ago. They arrived the day after they shipped. One died the next day, but the rest are doing great.

We ordered our flock from Meyer last August. We lost one chick that managed to get behind the packing material, but they replaced the chick under their warranty. All of the hens look just like the photos on the website, and are healthy, and laying. Meyer was a great help both before and after the purchase. I am already planning to order my next flock from them.

I purchased a Meyer bargain assortment a few years ago and, other than a couple losses to predators, all are healthy and still fair to good layers. It was a good experience overall and those deals sure are fun as you get the chicks and try to figure out what breed they are as they grow.

I received 6 chicks from Meyer May 1st. They shipped to MN during an unusual cold snap (40 degrees during the day!). I was very worried but the online support was very reassuring and they did arrive - all alive and in good health. They are now 2 weeks old and doing great! I would highly recommend Meyer Hatchery

This is all good to know because my Meyer chicks arrive in 2-4 days... their birthday is tomorrow. I am in MD, I will let you know how they arrive... They were incredibly helpful before purchase and answered a million questions for me... They really sounded excited for me and it being my first time... I just loved their chat feature... plus, I was born in Ohio, so I know there are friendly, good hearted folks there. Stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom