Is Meyer a good hatchery to order from?

chick peeps

Songster
5 Years
May 3, 2014
I just want to know what results people have gotten from Meyer Hatchery chicks. I am thinking of buying 15 chicks from their production pack of assortments. And does anyone know a cheap hatchery to order from? I live in Virginia so the shipping can't be much

We ordered our flock from Meyer last August. We lost one chick that managed to get behind the packing material, but they replaced the chick under their warranty. All of the hens look just like the photos on the website, and are healthy, and laying. Meyer was a great help both before and after the purchase. I am already planning to order my next flock from them.

I love your pictures too... I don't know why I wanted a Black Australorp so much, but when my daughter wanted to change chickens, I said no because I wanted one so much... I just love my little Edna and something is telling me we were meant to be together. That being said, I love the other 3 too... I hold them all everyday... haven't been pecked once and they all fall asleep in my hands... chicks are awesome! ... One week down, all is well and had to elevate the food and water already. They are getting tall and the tail feathers have already appeared! Their feathers are growing in so quickly! I must say goodnight to go and hold them before bed... Enjoy your chickies one and all!

We ordered 10 chicks from meyer hatchery. We picked them up in store they were clean, healthy, and lively. They are 2 weeks old now and doing great we have had no problems with them. We would definitely order from then again!

I got 4 chicks from Meyer hatchery 10 weeks ago. All four are very healthy. I live close to the hatchery so I just drove by and picked them up. I have no experience on shipping chicks.

I am in Virginia too, and got 9 chicks from Meyer 4 weeks ago. They arrived the day after they shipped. One died the next day, but the rest are doing great.

I purchased a Meyer bargain assortment a few years ago and, other than a couple losses to predators, all are healthy and still fair to good layers. It was a good experience overall and those deals sure are fun as you get the chicks and try to figure out what breed they are as they grow.

Back
Top Bottom