Is Meyer a good hatchery to order from?

I received 6 chicks from Meyer May 1st. They shipped to MN during an unusual cold snap (40 degrees during the day!). I was very worried but the online support was very reassuring and they did arrive - all alive and in good health. They are now 2 weeks old and doing great! I would highly recommend Meyer Hatchery

This is all good to know because my Meyer chicks arrive in 2-4 days... their birthday is tomorrow. I am in MD, I will let you know how they arrive... They were incredibly helpful before purchase and answered a million questions for me... They really sounded excited for me and it being my first time... I just loved their chat feature... plus, I was born in Ohio, so I know there are friendly, good hearted folks there. Stay tuned.

Hey Millie58... my daughter's name is Millie
frow.gif

My Chicks are from Meyer - they'll be 2 weeks old tomorrow and are doing great. My only complaint has nothing to do with the Chicks - I too am from Ohio and I homeschool and wish we could go tour them next time we go to visit family, they are right on the way, but they don't do tours:(

Best wishes - you will love your Chicks!

My Meyer chicken caboodle... In front, the Easter Egger, Eleanor, Next to her, one of the Dominiques, #4, At the top, the Black Australorp, Edna, and next to her, the other Dominique (we think), Bobbie. They arrived less than 24 hours after shipping to MD from Ohio... they are spry, drinking, eating and pooping... their warmer in their shipping box was still warm, nesting material all around them and all was well. They are just perfect, no pasty bottom, very sweet and we are in love already.

Congrats - you do immediately fall in love don't you! We sit and watch them for hours. Their antics keep getting funnier as they get older. We laughed so hard we cried over introducing their first worms this morning.

When you get a chance, I would love to see more pictures of what they look like. Mine are from Meyer too, but I got them at a local store and I don't actually know for sure what they are, so it would be interesting to see what yours look like. I know I have 2 barred rocks (at 2 weeks coloring is evident and getting their spiky combs so not Dominiques), but the other 2 blacks ones are a big "???" Meyer has Jersey Giants, Black Autralorps and Black Orpingtons (but Orpingtons are more expensive so I doubt they are Orps).

Next year I will order directly from Meyer - only one state away so if they can make it all the way to MD then we should be fine in IN! (yep - already planning on what to add next year!)

The Whole Chicken Caboodle

#4... I call her Eggnes, we believe also a Dominique

This is Bobbie, a Dominique

This is Edna, a Black Australorp

This is Eleanor, an Easter Egger

Eleanor

Edna again

I ordered 16 from Meyers and have chatted online with them many times since getting my chicks in Feb. They are awesome there and always willing to answer my questions and calm any concerns I may have. Out of the 16 (11 straight run) I only got 2 roos!!!!I None of my chicks died and were very healthy!!! I will always buy from Meyers and recommend it to any of my friends who are wanting to buy chicks. I also live in VA and they got to me next day!! I did get one cross beak from the group, although she is VERY healthy Meyers refunded me the money that she cost, and dI didnt even ask them to……I just wanted to give them an FYI.

I ordered 16 from Meyers and have chatted online with them many times since getting my chicks in Feb. They are awesome there and always willing to answer my questions and calm any concerns I may have. Out of the 16 (11 straight run) I only got 2 roos!!!!I None of my chicks died and were very healthy!!! I will always buy from Meyers and recommend it to any of my friends who are wanting to buy chicks. I also live in VA and they got to me next day!! I did get one cross beak from the group, although she is VERY healthy Meyers refunded me the money that she cost, and dI didnt even ask them to……I just wanted to give them an FYI.
I've ordered my chicks from Meyer's as well. I've chatted, emailed, and called & had nothing but good communication with them. Even when I changed my mind about shipping and decided to drive and pick them up, they were very understanding & gave me a credit for the shipping. I'm using that credit to buy more chicks & merchandise! They even told me some tips on how the best way to get a very popular breed (stalk the site regularly & since I'm picking up my chicks, call the day before & day of in case there are last minute unexpected hatches or cancelled orders).

I haven't gotten my chicks yet, so I can't speak to their health, but I have several friends locally who have ordered from them several times and had no problems outside of the norm. They have upheld their guarantees and been very pleased.

I'm counting down the days until my chicks' hatch day!!!!

Back
Top Bottom